Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

top game sales in japan

Options
  • 04-09-2006 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭

japan game sales
    all formats for week
    August 21 - 27, 2006
    1. 503,051 - Final Fantasy III (DS)
    2. 65,556 - New Super Mario Bros. (DS)
    3. 42,210 - Rune Factory (DS)
    4. 41,784 - Brain Training 2 (DS)
    5. 37,326 - Cooking Navigator (DS)
    6. 30,504 - Tamagotchi Connection 2 (DS)
    7. 30,355 - Mario Hoops 3-on-3 (DS)
    8. 30,023 - Animal Crossing: Wild World (DS)
    9. 22,866 - Brain Training (DS)
    10. 17,465 - English Training (DS)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

DS = Pwnage

FFIII = Me Drooling

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

not a shock, not the first time.

DS is doing great, but the emulation stuff on PSP is trouncing the DS (even though sony aren't making any money from it ;))...

just read a bit about the PSP doing a PS1 emulator in october or maybe even late september. i really look forward to that. it might save the PSP in terms of sales IMO. abes odyssey et al on PSP, yes please!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I had see this earlier in the week but just thought it was the DS top ten. that is insane

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Wonderful to see the DS doing so well, in japan certainly but it doesn't translate to software sales here.
    That said New Super Mario Bros is the new game of choice for 1st time buyers of the lite along with Nintendogs so perhaos this Christmas we will see the DS beat the PSP hands down at retail, both in terms of hardware units and games sold.
    It would be nice if MS and Sony would stop crippling their machines by removing functionality due to it eating into their revenues alright, why can't I have emus running on my PSP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

was in game today, on dawson st, and amazed to see they've finally moved all the DS stuff to the front of the shop. For years all nintendo product has been relegated to the back walls in game, whilst sony and microsoft owned the front.

it must be doing well here, so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement