Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Stereo locked

• 04-09-2006 7:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭

Hi

Idiot that I am I left the lights on in my Mazda 121 today, came out from work and battery was flat:o . A lad in work jumped it for me but now my stereo is locked. I checked out the stereo guide and where the space for the dealer to put the keycode in was left blank:(. How do I go about getting the code. The car is 8 years old and I am the 3rd owner.

Apreciate any help with this as I am lost without the radio.

Cheers

Souness

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

presuming it's the Ford Keycode type radio. the dealer should be able to get you the code. If they can't, a Fiesta casette unit can be had very cheaply from a scrapyard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

The original selling dealer is your best bet. Failing that call MDL (01 409 4444) they imported the car and when I worked there in the VW end of things they stored radio codes on computer. I imagine it will be the same for Mazdas. But they may not keep files for that long and, worse again, they are no longer the importers for Mazda. But its worth a go. Also, a lot of car stereo repairers can 'decode' a stereo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,271 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Mazda 121 from 8 years ago was basically a Ford Fiesta so presuming the radio was the same you might be able to get a code for it from a Ford dealer also if you get no joy from a Mazda dealer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Most of those stereos have 'work arounds' aswell, if you can get the model number have a check on google.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭Souness

Thanks for the help..will ring the local Mazda dealer now cheers!:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement