Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

driver theory test?.

Options
  • 04-09-2006 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

hi just wondered if anyone knew if there was any where online i could do the driver theory test or download some sort of pdf theory test questions and answers.thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

hawker27 wrote:
    hi just wondered if anyone knew if there was any where online i could do the driver theory test or download some sort of pdf theory test questions and answers.thanks
    http://sardinia.terminalfour.com/nscjsp/DriverTheoryTestList.jsp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭hawker27

link opens but once you select car the link is dead.

hawker27 wrote:
    link opens but once you select car the link is dead.

Oops, sorry about that - I took it from Oasis where it is given as a link.
    http://www.oasis.gov.ie/transport/motoring/driver_theory_test.html

are these the actual questions that will be asked on the day of my theory test?.http://www.dtts.ie/eng/additional.htm

hawker27 wrote:
    are these the actual questions that will be asked on the day of my theory test?.http://www.dtts.ie/eng/additional.htm
    Yes they look like them OK. It's relatively easy as it's multiple choice and you have 45 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

the ones on that site are only the ones that have been added since 2005. You need to buy the Driver Theory Test book or CD. There is about 300 questions (total guess) and 90% are common sense.

taught the theory test only consisted of 40 questions?.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ai ing

Check out your local library. They should have the book and cd.

hawker27 wrote:
    taught the theory test only consisted of 40 questions?.

40 questions (you must get 35 correct to pass) drawn from a possible 300?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

he means there's a pool of 300 questions that you can be possibly asked. they select 40 out of that 300 on your test

• Advertisement

ai ing wrote:
    Check out your local library. They should have the book and cd.

Second hand bookshops regularly have them also as many people seem to flog it when they pass. (eg Chapters).

lol, sorry, that's what i meant. You have to get at least 35 out of 40 questions right. The 40 questions are selected "at random" from a bank of 300 or so.

ok thanks all for your input.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭sullivk

Try

http://www.soyouwanttodrive.com/b.php?b_cat=1&level=1

Its like a mock theory test, found it very useful as my test CD-ROM wouldn't install on my computer.
    Goodluck! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi,

Following Press Release Today
    Transport Minister, Martin Cullen T.D. today (Tuesday, 5th September 2006) announced details of a revision of the Driver Theory Test, which comes into effect on Saturday, 21st October 2006.

The changes include:

a revision of existing questions in the Driver Theory Test Question Bank,

the introduction of a separate theory test for candidates seeking a licence for Motorcycles or Mopeds, and

an increase from 750 to 1,250 in the number of questions in the Driver Theory Test Question Bank.

The bank of questions for car drivers has been revised. The changes include questions dealing with correct behaviour in illustrated traffic situations, taking emergency / corrective action, and information related to pedestrians. The bank of questions for truck drivers and bus drivers has also been expanded.

While the new Theory Test will include a wider range of questions and answers, the pass mark for candidates will remain unchanged at 35 questions out of 40.

Full Report Here

Note. The book and CD are copyright and can not be reproduced

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Hi
    thanks for that J_R , have a full A1 lic. myself, but never had to do the theory.
    I will have to sit it though to get a provisional A, so the tax office tell me. Pure madness if you ask me. I think a seperate section for the bikes is a good idea though as i did the test from a cd a few times(passed it each time,its easy enough) and i think i only got 1 or 2 questions on bikes come up, got loads on towing trailers!HaHa. Would you be able to put this on the motorbikes forum as well as im sure peeps would be interested. Thanks

Thankfully I just did mine. That new scheme doesn't look as nice as present. It does make a bit more sense I suppose though.

Instead of having these little quizes, would it not be better to make it mandatory that everyone has sit a number of lessons before being allowed apply for a provionsal liscense or something more practical, it's a bit stupid that anyone can be on the roads after having to only pass the DTT?

I also heard from a girl in work (who works full time in the Dail) that having to have a fully liscensed driver in the car with provionsal drivers is being scrapped in October.

Advertisement