Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any good part time courses??

Options
  • 04-09-2006 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

hi i would like to get into acting but it would have to be part time because i dont want to quit my job in the hope of becoming a big star,realistically that probaly wont happen,i mean it is a very competitive industry isnt it? so i would need to do a part time course.how does the acting business really work,?i mean do you learn your stuff and then hopefully somebody close to a director or that spots you and likes your talent and then you get one part after another until your big??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

It's mostly luck. The big actors sometimes just fall on their feet or sometimes have to do gruntwork for years before being "discovered".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

What do you want? Do you want to be a star or do you want to be a good actor? They are two different things you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

What do you want? Do you want to be a star or do you want to be a good actor? They are two different things you know.
    They may be two different things, but it is possible to be both.

However, if you're just in it to be a 'star', then you may well be wasting your time. Concentrate on being a 'damn fine actor' first, I'd say...

Check out the resources in the Theatre Forum Resource List and make a few calls...

Advertisement