Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rory G

Options
  • 04-09-2006 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

Rory Gallagher is definetly a legend, no doubt! I think he is the best guitarist ever! And he is a really good singer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

I'm only getting into Rory now. I got the Very Best of and was underwhelmed so I was forced to by his albums. I'm glad I did because usually when you get a best of, it's all downhill from there to discover the band/artist. But I got his first album Rory Gallagher and Live in Europe and... wow!

It helps that I'm getting in guitar aswell. I've heard he's the guitar player's guitar player.

Legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Local Goddess

Yea he really is, the Live at Europe album is brilliant. Have you listened to Going To My Home Town? It's really good, definetly worth a listen. Are you starting to play the guitar? I play, it's quality!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭piraka

Rory ranks with the best, love Tattoo Lady lp

Yeah, I love that song too, his solo is so powerful in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭uncle ernie

check out the Irish Tour '74 DVD (and album).
    Great band and a sound man

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Rory G - total legand!
    Live in Europe album is bloody fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Brilliant. Legend is what he is.

Just want to say, there is a Rory Gallagher exhibition in Cork, starting today(9th October) until 10th November. Im lucky to be going to Cork in three weeks so at least I shall see it.

http://www.rorygallagher.com/news.htm

Thats the info from a fan site. Hopefully if you see it, you can enjoy it

Ah thanks for telling me, that should be good, I'll defo try and make it down.

Advertisement