Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop Not Picking Up WLAN

• 04-09-2006 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Having had no luck with BT :mad: thus far being trying since Thursday to get through for 40 mins to an hour on the phone before hanging up out of frustration. I've also emailed with out any joy.

Finally got the ZyXel p-600 series router which they told me I didn't order in the first place. If I plug the LAN cable in I can get on the web no hassles at all. However my Laptop (Acer Aspire 3003WLMi) is not pickin up the WLAN at all. I've updated the drivers for the Broadcom 802.11G Network Adaptar (as it's showing in the device manager) but it's still not finding the router. Giving the usual no network in range.

Thinking it was my laptop I tried it in my mates to rule it out for sure before contacting BT. Straight away it picked up his WLAN & his neighbours.

All lights are on the router. WLAN, LAN & DSL.

Is it a faulty router or is there some setting that needs to be changed?

Thanks for the help guys

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Certainly sounds like it could be that the router is faulty. Can one of your mates bring his laptop around and see if he can pick up anything from your router to be sure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

It's prob a faulty router. BT got a batch of them and a few people experienced the problem you have. When you ring up they'll ask you to read off serial number on the bottom. If it is a dud, they'll send you out a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Aw no! It took them 3 weeks to send it out!!!

They said I didn't order it nor did I order a wireless card for my brothers computer (which they still didn't send out) :rolleyes: Feckin' useless.

Surely it's not set up right?! Huh?! Isn't it?! I'm just stupid, it'll take an age to send out another one. The useless muppets!!!

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

To rule out the obvious (That it's not broadcasting its SSID): Reset the router. Then, download and run NetStumbler (Or Kismet).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Cheers Karoma. *fingers crossed*

• Advertisement
Advertisement