Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Maidens New Album

• 04-09-2006 8:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

LOVE IT. Sounds like vintage Maiden, good n' LOUD! Much better than Dance of Death.

Dying for December now. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

TheGooner wrote:
    LOVE IT. Sounds like vintage Maiden, good n' LOUD! Much better than Dance of Death.

Dying for December now. :D

Ya, I can't wait. It's going to be bloody brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

Yea, it's great. I got it in Barcelona the other day. Stuck it on in the apartment while drinking Sangria. It was the best 1st listen of an album I've had in ages. Although.. being in Barcelona probably helped :S

I really like the album. Only listened to it once the whole way through. Wathced some o fthe DVD today which is pretty cool/ funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

Yea, it's great. I got it in Barcelona the other day. Stuck it on in the apartment while drinking Sangria. It was the best 1st listen of an album I've had in ages. Although.. being in Barcelona probably helped :S

I really like the album. Only listened to it once the whole way through. Wathced some o fthe DVD today which is pretty cool/ funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Oh jebus this is sooooooooooooo good.

I couldnt listen to DoD all the way through the first few times, but I can't turn this off!!!!

Only downsize is I am listening on my IPOD can't wait to get her to the STEREO LOL :D

Bruces voice, Nickos drums...........ahhhhhhhhh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

It didn't actually hit me straight away on the first listen. Might have been because I was wrecked after cycling through the wind and rain to buy it! Now I love it. Not sure if it's better than DoD, that album is brilliant, but AMOLAD is definitely up there

Really lovin The Legacy and The Pilgrim. I'm surprised they let Out Of The Shadows onto the album, it's a Bruce song through and through!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

So good you had to post it twice eh? lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Black NG-60-90

Holy **** it's good!!:rolleyes: ****ing sex from start to finish. What about best song? Mine would have to be These Colours Don't Run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

I wasn't expecting it to be brilliant but it's actually really good. Great album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Lee-sah!

Holy **** it's good!!:rolleyes: ****ing sex from start to finish. What about best song? Mine would have to be These Colours Don't Run.

For the greater Good Of God :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

It is a great album. As was said, Nickos drums...so natural sounding. Lets hope Im able to get a few euros together for December...was goin to buy a ticket this week but Tenacious D came along to screw that one up. The new songs would be great live and could go anywhere in the set. I also love the posters i got with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

I really can't stand Bruces singing anymore, it puts me right off Maiden :confused:

New album has one or two cool songs but I think it's a pretty poor effort compared to their older stuff. It's just another Dance of Death it seems.

I really can't stand Bruces singing anymore, it puts me right off Maiden :confused:

New album has one or two cool songs but I think it's a pretty poor effort compared to their older stuff. It's just another Dance of Death it seems.

Dance of Death was brilliant! Right up there with Piece of Mind. I wouldn't rank AMOLAD as high as Dance of Death though, but I can't wait to hear some of these songs live

Fozzy wrote:
    Dance of Death was brilliant! Right up there with Piece of Mind. I wouldn't rank AMOLAD as high as Dance of Death though, but I can't wait to hear some of these songs live

Hehe Piece of Mind is probably my favourite Maiden album, I wouldn't say there's any comparison between the two myself :p

I've always had different opinions about Maiden to most fans though... I hate Powerslave, for example, and the snorefest that is Seventh son :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭icon

A matter of life and death gets better each time you listen to it, just as 7th son of a 7th son still does. The guys outdid themselves this time.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

It's superb, although it took me 3 or 4 listens to get into it. Now, having had the CD for a couple of weeks, there isn't a song I'd skip over. As already noted, the drums & vocals are brilliant. I'd go as far as saying it's the best thing they've done since...certainly Piece Of Mind, hell it's better than that album (although very different).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Right, wasn't sure whether to get it or not as I'm a fan of the older Maiden stuff, (Piece of mind etc.) but having read what the boards.ie collective have written I will get it either today or tomorrow :) Looking forward to it :)

I'll post back and let you know what I think in a couple of days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I wouldn't out it with vintage Maiden, it's still different...but by all means worth listening to.

I wouldn't out it with vintage Maiden, it's still different...but by all means worth listening to.

Got the album :) Very good but definitely not vintage Maiden imo. Better than anything they've done in a long time but just seems to be lacking some of the energy that older albums contained, then again I guess the guys are 20 years older now...and so am I! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Solid but a bit bland TBH. Looking forward to seeing them play it in December all the same. A lot better than Brave New World, but not really on the same level as Dance of Death or some of their classics (Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind).

They're doing the whole album live on the tour :)

Different World
    These Colours Don't Run
    1000 Suns
    The Pilgrim
    The Longest Day
    Out of the Shadows
    Benjamin Breeg
    Greater Good of God
    Lord of Light
    The Legacy
    Fear of the Dark
    Iron Maiden

2 Minutes to Midnight
    The Evil that Men Do
    Hallowed Be Thy Name

Controversial - no 'Number of the beast' 'Trooper' 'Run to the hills' etc.

• Advertisement

Oh **** yeah! And the best song on the album comes last, which is deadly. It'll be the last chance to hear Hallowed Be Thy Name live for some time too, they won't be playing that on their tour after this one

I wouldn't call them leaving those songs out controversial. They played exclusively from their first 4 albums last year, those songs are all big songs from that period. I'd rather hear 2MTM and The Evil That Men Do personally, as I haven't heard them live before

Fozzy wrote:
    I wouldn't call them leaving those songs out controversial. They played exclusively from their first 4 albums last year, those songs are all big songs from that period. I'd rather hear 2MTM and The Evil That Men Do personally, as I haven't heard them live before

Let me qualify the controversial comment (was posting in a hurry!). I can see some fans giving out about the setlist because it doesn't include the 'classics'. I completely agree with you on the fact that they were done on last years tour, and it's a big deal for me that Maiden aren't resting on their laurels & plundering the back catalogue, but instead are concentraing on the new material (which is brilliant IMO).

I can't wait for the gig now! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

cant wait for the gig now , i was fed up of number of the beast and trooper et el :D all thw whiners just want them to play powerslave or somewhere in time from start to finish ,,, these living in the past "fans" can use my time machine to go back 20 odd years and **** over a live after death video......

anyway they will play those albums on their next early days tour!!

BOHSBOHS wrote:
    cant wait for the gig now , i was fed up of number of the beast and trooper et el :D all thw whiners just want them to play powerslave or somewhere in time from start to finish ,,, these living in the past "fans" can use my time machine to go back 20 odd years and **** over a live after death video......

anyway they will play those albums on their next early days tour!!

Lol funnily enough Iron Maiden are one of the most uninventive metal bands out there, sounding exactly the same as always with new release :p

It just so happens that they sounded slightly better 20 years ago :)

Lol funnily enough Iron Maiden are one of the most uninventive metal bands out there, sounding exactly the same as always with new release :p

I don't think you can really say that, the new album sounds nothin like stuff they've done since before Bruce rejoined them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Black NG-60-90

Lol funnily enough Iron Maiden are one of the most uninventive metal bands out there, sounding exactly the same as always with new release
    You obviously don't listen to them then!!:)

You obviously don't listen to them then!!:)

I have all their albums :p

Well, I agree with this to some extent as the sound is definitely "Maiden" as we all know and love etc. I would say that this is not a bad thing, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I used to be a big Metallica fan, even liking the black album which was a definite departure from their previous material but I hated almost everything after that with the exceptions of one or two songs so while it's good to experiment, don't alienate the original fan base either (even if they are using Zimmer frames and wearing hearing aids :D).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

The only qualm I have with that setlist is it doesn't cover some of their newer classics. I'd love to hear Rainmaker or Wickerman done live!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

At least the "Brits Out!" brigade won't have anything complain about with no Trooper in the set. They can just use their gobs for breathing through as usual.

Advertisement