Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Maidens New Album

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Bruce said that they're not going to be using the British flag in their shows here from now on at the last gig here. Not sure if he used it then though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

blastman wrote:
    At least the "Brits Out!" brigade won't have anything complain about with no Trooper in the set. They can just use their gobs for breathing through as usual.

I had to be talked out of bringing a Union Jack to the last gig to wave during the Trooper just to piss off all the "waaaaaaaah wahh h Tiocaidh ar I'm pickin' me hole look at the f00kin state of that flag WAH?!!!" f*ckwits :mad:

I'm disappointed they're not playing the trooper 'cause I actually happen to really like it, but as said, they're trying to plug their new stuff for this tour, so roll on December :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Black NG-60-90

I have all their albums :p
    Well then listen to them:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Well then listen to them:rolleyes:

I have, hence the complete boredom with the band. It's just not exciting music to me anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Fozzy wrote:
    Bruce said that they're not going to be using the British flag in their shows here from now on at the last gig here. Not sure if he used it then though

He didn't use it last time, but neither did he say he'd be waving it about again. He spent a little time trying to explain just why it has nothing to do with what's getting the overly sensitive so uppity and whiny, and said he hoped they might understand the context the next time they play that song. I'll ertainly cheer along if/when they do.

It seems I'm getting balcony seats come December though :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Lemming wrote:
    I had to be talked out of bringing a Union Jack to the last gig to wave during the Trooper just to piss off all the "waaaaaaaah wahh h Tiocaidh ar I'm pickin' me hole look at the f00kin state of that flag WAH?!!!" f*ckwits :mad:
    Ya know, not everyone who dis-likes the Union Jack is a '****-wit', as you so elequently put it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Anyone who boos it when a British band waves it at a show is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Sarky wrote:
    He didn't use it last time, but neither did he say he'd be waving it about again. He spent a little time trying to explain just why it has nothing to do with what's getting the overly sensitive so uppity and whiny, and said he hoped they might understand the context the next time they play that song. I'll ertainly cheer along if/when they do.

It seems I'm getting balcony seats come December though :/
    "Overly sensitive"? I think the phrase you're looking for is "knuckle dragger"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 e.doobie

I really can't stand Bruces singing anymore, it puts me right off Maiden :confused:

New album has one or two cool songs but I think it's a pretty poor effort compared to their older stuff. It's just another Dance of Death it seems.
    exactamondo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Anyone who boos it when a British band waves it at a show is.
    It being a symbol of the oppression this country(and most of the world) suffered
    for hundreds of years under English mis-rule makes it offensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

That setlist is good, but i would prefer them to play some of the 'classics'. Sure they might change it, its not gonna be the same everyday. Or if they played Paschendale at least. But if its the last time they ever play HBTN, i'll gladly sing it the whole way through. id also like if they played some stuff from 7SOA7S like the Clairvoyant but sure, might aswell enjoy it. FOTD...yay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

I bought AMOLAD a few weeks ago, the first Maiden album I've bought since when Powerslave was released. Now that's a long time ago (showing my age). I had every album up to Powerslave and just got bored with Maiden at that time even though today, I listen to Piece of Mind and TNOTB quite regularly in the car.
    I bought this album with the hope I might like it. I was wrong. I love it. It's definitely a little different to their earlier stuff. Four songs really stand out for me (in reverse order)

4. Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
    3. These Colours Don't Run
    2. For The Greater Good Of God
    1. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns

This album will be one that we all will look back on as being one of Maiden's finest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Apparently Bruce mentioned on stage how they're planning a 'Live After Death' tour in 2008 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

It being a symbol of the oppression this country(and most of the world) suffered
    for hundreds of years under English mis-rule makes it offensive.

I wouldnt 100% agree, I mean I dont like the Queen of England, think she and her family is a joke and being the subject of attention that they are makes it hilarious, but its the British peoples own history and whether its right or wrong (and yes, we suffered at the hands of the British, and that was wrong..no arguments there) its still a peoples history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

peter1892 wrote:
    Apparently Bruce mentioned on stage how they're planning a 'Live After Death' tour in 2008 :D

The next tour after the current album's tour will only have songs from Powerslave, Somewhere In Time and 7th Son of a 7th Son (maybe the 2 albums after that too), that was the plan they announced a couple of years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

I spoke to Harris and Gers in an Irish bar in Stockholm, after their second gig in the country. They seem a bit perplexed by it all and only really gave diplomatic answers, when I brought the issue of the Union Jack up. In fairness to them, they'll soldier on and probably had worse treatment from the Argentinians, back in the day.

There's no Trooper in the current setlist. However, These Colours Don't Run has a backdrop with Eddie clutching the Union Jack. Bruce Dickinson introduces the song with "This is Iron Maiden and these colours don't run".

Keep me posted as to what reception it gets. I'm stuck up here in Scandiwegia, so I'll miss the Dublin gig. Saw them twice in Stockholm, once in Gothenburg and in Oslo to make up for it.

Advertisement