Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Tevion SD HDMI Dvd player

• 04-09-2006 8:07pm
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Any point to getting one? I've a hdtv (sony 50" rptv). My current dvd playback comes from a targa dvd hdd recorder running on a component at 576p. Worth the move for a "virtual" d pic?

http://aldi.ie/special_buys/product_362.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭andy1249

At that price theres no harm in getting it to try out ,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Hi MarkR, have the same tv with a Sony DVD upscaler, deffo worthwhile, especially as it includes a HDMI lead for that price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭brian_rbk

andy1249 wrote:
    At that price theres no harm in getting it to try out ,

hdmi cable is worth 30euro anyway!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,960 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

anyone buy one of these? My Dad did but finds that sound through scart is very low

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭Lpfsox

I got one, everything seems fine except I can't get it to play xvids/divxs. This could be my own fault though; I just burnt a couple of them to DVD (using the option "make a DVD ROM" in Nero) and expected that the machine would pick up the files as a list but it doesn't.

Does anybody know if this was the right thing to do, if so then maybe the codecs are wrong or something? Any help is appreciated :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Lpfsox wrote:
    I got one, everything seems fine except I can't get it to play xvids/divxs. This could be my own fault though; I just burnt a couple of them to DVD (using the option "make a DVD ROM" in Nero) and expected that the machine would pick up the files as a list but it doesn't.

Does anybody know if this was the right thing to do, if so then maybe the codecs are wrong or something? Any help is appreciated :)

Afaik.. you should be making a DATA disk.

I bought one of these and think for the money its excellent value. I have just watched Prison Break from a 512mb SDcard. The pic and sound quality were excellent and it did not go out of sync once.

I have only tried the HDMI connection so cant comment on the scart audio problem.

Aquos76 wrote:
    Afaik.. you should be making a DATA disk.

I bought one of these and think for the money its excellent value. I have just watched Prison Break from a 512mb SDcard. The pic and sound quality were excellent and it did not go out of sync once.

I have only tried the HDMI connection so cant comment on the scart audio problem.

thanks for the reply; now for another stupid noob question - in Nero I have the following options; "DVD ROM (ISO)", "DVD Copy", "DVD Video", "DVD ROM (Boot)", "DVD ROM (UDF)" and "DVD ROM (UDF/ISO)". Which one should I pick to make a data disc? I went with the DVD ROM (ISO) last time...

actually, I've found an option to create a data disc in Nero Express. I'll give this a go.

thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Lpfsox wrote:
    actually, I've found an option to create a data disc in Nero Express. I'll give this a go.

thanks.

Thats the job.

That worked perfectly, thanks for your help folks.

Would recommend this player - great little machine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭poker4life

I'm having the same problem - the sound through the scart is atrocious! Extremely low and very annoying. Might bring it back so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭AdrianR

Does it have an optical output for audio?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Yes it does have Optical Out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭spuddy01

Bought one of these on friday hooked it via hdmi to my sanyo Z3 and wow the picture just blew me away @ 720 it has played everything i've thrown at it so far!!:D

Advertisement