Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunboyne skatepark

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Well slagging them off, and their misguided attempts to provide for their community is a great way to win people over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭JahEerie

Kenjd wrote:

Now Dun Laoghaire /Rathdown CoCo have €100,000 to play with..which is allocated for a skatepark AND THAT ALONE!!! Why are they doing this! Cos they dont have a clue!!!

In fairness to Dunlaoghaire Rathdown, they DO have a clue
    Did you attend any of the public meetings Ken?
    Didn't think so.

I take your point bout moudular bein a poor substitute for 'crete, but slaggin everybody off doesn't really help.
    We attended probably a dozen meetings to get Bushy & Lucan goin in da right direction, so if ya wanna make a difference get involved.
    The Monkstown park is probably 6 months away at least, so theres loads of time to make yourself heard.
    Give Sinead in DLR CoCo a shout - she's the ladt to talk to.

Ya obviously have strong opinions so do somethin with 'em!
    Cheers,

JohnBoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭f

http://www.skateboarding.com/skate/stories/article/0,23271,1535780,00.html

its not only ireland thats havin trouble with **** parks...... over 11millions skaters in america feck me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

Sorry didnt mean to go off on one!!!
    Your right!
    WOW check out Sunnyvale on link!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭fisheye

Gunn4r wrote:
    fisheye you are one person who makes reading this forum painful, you sometimes have a point but the way to put it across is painful...

sorry but read this a lot and your attitude is very annoying..
    Well, as they say, the truth hurts. And at least somebody here is prepared to say that such parks are shi.te, because they are. It's not special school where everybody gets a gold star, even if all they did was spill the fingerpaints on their trousers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

fisheye wrote:
    Well, as they say, the truth hurts. And at least somebody here is prepared to say that such parks are shi.te, because they are. It's not special school where everybody gets a gold star, even if all they did was spill the fingerpaints on their trousers.

What hurts is listening to you moan. JahEerie makes excellent points.

Think this is moving slightly off topic!!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mu

expn wrote:
    alright lads,
    Dunboyne skatepark opened on friday evening last . it's more modular crap from rhino ramps , however it's not too bad .......! It's big for a modular park ,and has a few interesting obstacles...!

I skated it this morning for the first time , and had the whole place to myself....... Thank god for school being back , it looked so busy on saturday and sunday.......!

Now it's modular **** at the end of the day , but i have to admit that parts of it are fun .....

Anybody checked out Lucan yet? opened last Saturday morning.

Anybody check out Lucan Skate Park yet? Its In-Situ and only opened last Saturday Morning?

Any1 been up to lucan skatepark yet? heard its in-situ type and jst opened last satrday mornin up beside the community cntr.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭JahEerie

mu wrote:
    Anybody check out Lucan Skate Park yet? Its In-Situ and only opened last Saturday Morning?

Yeah, it opened on Saturday mornin but unfortunately da rain came.
    A couple of the local papers got photos, but there wasn't a whole lot of skatin done which was a pity.
    Had another look yesterday & it was packed (bout 50 skaters - half of em cluelessly wobblin about on blades....)

The park is good & well worth a visit.
    I reckon mid-week late mornins or early afternoons will be prime time
    - weekends will be hectic for a while anyway.
    The opening hours are from 10.30am (I think) til 7.30pm,
    but this will be extended when the cctv & club membership are set up in a few weeks.

Anyway, check it out if ya get da chance
    Cheers,

JohnBoy

Great, hoping to go there in the morn!
    Have full pads but do i need a helmet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭asto

Kenjd wrote:
    Great, hoping to go there in the morn!
    Have full pads but do i need a helmet?
    They arent enforcing anything at the moment, just go and skate at your own risk man!

Cheers asto, I dont normally wear a helmet but pads are a most!! Dodgy knees!! Do you know what bus routes pass by? They were posted somewhere before but cant find them??

Yeah the 25A stops right outside it, are you planning on skating it today? If so, what time? Cause i wanna sakte but everyone is in school!

No not today, hoping to skate it tomorrow. Working tonight. Heading out from Dun laoghaire and hope to be there about 12 or 1ish, i dont know how long the bus will take? The weather doesnt look to good but its 'crete so it wont be too slippy! Heres tomorrow from Met eireann:

Mostly dry at first tomorrow, with some sunny spells. Cloud and rain arriving in western parts during the morning, will extend to remaining areas as the day goes on. Highest temperatures of 16 to 19 degrees.

ok cool, Yeah even if its slippy, you just go into the leisure centre and ask for the...**** i forget what its called,... its a bigger version of a windscreen wiper!!!

Hi just pm'd you Talk later!

how do you get there from dublin

f wrote:
    how do you get there from dublin
    What are you talkin about, You live in Lucan!

• Advertisement

asto wrote:
    What are you talkin about, You live in Lucan!
    obviosuly since this is a dunboyne skatepark thread i was talkin bout the dunboyne park, might be fun for a little trip for an hour or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭adiobam

Im going there sunday or saturday depending on the weather
    so who will be there im the kid with the long hair and wihte anarchy baldes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭cowan

are street/dirt jump bikes allowed in either of these places, cause i know a lot of bikers who signed petitions along with all the bmxers and skaters for bushy and no the bmxers and skaters dont want us there! which is really unfair, we need these places as much as you's

Advertisement