Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conductive ink pen

• 04-09-2006 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭

Where'd i get 1? Wanna volt mod a gpu. Maplin wanted E36 for it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

PogMoThoin wrote:
    Where'd i get 1? Wanna volt mod a gpu. Maplin wanted E36 for it.

i had to buy mine in maplins, expensive, but i dont think anywhere else sell them :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Post it to me, i'll post it back. Only need a line 30mm........hehe :D

Anywhere in us, got sis in ny could post it home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Depending on the distance between the two points using a standard lead pencil can work fine.

Ive modded numerous xboxs using this method. Its dodgy though so im not gonna recommend it.

Just know that its an option

Its for a 7900gt for any1 thats interested
    To far for pencil:
    7900vmod1552octv2kz2.th.jpg

Theres also a pencil mod:
    pencilmemoryjz2lv6.th.jpg

Ok, found it. Here: http://www.radioshack.com/sm-see-all-needs-and-wants--pi-2104395.html
    Nice price. Gonna get sis to order it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Try www.radionics.ie first.

PogMoThoin wrote:
    Its for a 7900gt for any1 thats interested
    To far for pencil:
    7900vmod1552octv2kz2.th.jpg

Theres also a pencil mod:
    pencilmemoryjz2lv6.th.jpg

where did you see this mod?? got a link?
    let me know how you get on with this

this a volt mod for the core + mem?

Some1 gave it to me on guru3d, came across it before, to go to 1.5v you just dont join the bottom line in the 1.55v mod. Thats what i'm gonna do. To do the pencil mod you just shade in the resistor marked in the pic. Check out his results
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=179987&page=43

Loads of info here:
    http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=SUNA,SUNA:2006-34,SUNA:en&q=7900gt+volt+mod

Was on 2 sis, radioshack is just round the corner from her. She knows some1 coming home for all-ireland who's gonna bring it home for me.

PogMoThoin wrote:
    Some1 gave it to me on guru3d, came across it before, to go to 1.5v you just dont join the bottom line in the 1.55v mod. Thats what i'm gonna do. To do the pencil mod you just shade in the resistor marked in the pic. Check out his results
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=179987&page=43

Loads of info here:
    http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=SUNA,SUNA:2006-34,SUNA:en&q=7900gt+volt+mod

Was on 2 sis, radioshack is just round the corner from her. She knows some1 coming home for all-ireland who's gonna bring it home for me.

is he using standard cooling or watercooling?

W/C ing. But i've mine clocked to driver limits (588/1664) & never go over 56' with my Zalman @ max load. When i go over that deepfreeze crashes cos its not gettin enough power, but i still don't get artifacts. Voltmod is the only way to get further as you can see from his results.

• Advertisement

PogMoThoin wrote:
    W/C ing. But i've mine clocked to driver limits (588/1664) & never go over 56' with my Zalman @ max load. When i go over that deepfreeze crashes cos its not gettin enough power, but i still don't get artifacts. Voltmod is the only way to get further as you can see from his results.

but youd need WC for volt mod yeh?

No. I wouldn't expect to get as far as w/cing but 56' max load is low for a gpu. I've had gpu core temps hittin high 70's before no probs. W/Cing only cools the core, not the memory. Zalman copes with temps as good as any w/c kit cos gpu is usually cooled after cpu, unless its on a seperate loop & zalman also cools the memory heatsinks. I'm gonna try the 1.5v mod, its easy to remove anyway, just rub it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

when raising the v your temps should go up a good bit (nice card)

gline you never seen this mod before ??

have seen lots of people do with success and i think siveryesimo done it also.

awhir wrote:
    when raising the v your temps should go up a good bit (nice card)

gline you never seen this mod before ??

have seen lots of people do with success and i think siveryesimo done it also.

only done the pencil mod and soldering a resistor onto it
    not seen it before using a conductive pen

Give it a go if you've got a conductive pen :D Can always rub it out afterwards. I wont get to try it for 2 weeks. The pencil mod does the same as the resistor, no need for both.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

This is going to end in tears:p

When you say you are at the driver limit do you mean it wont let you raise clocks anymore? Because you can just hack coolbits or use rivatuner to get higher clocks........

Ya, when i disable driver testing in rivatuner & push further deepfreeze in 3dmark06 crashes. This is a voltage prob, i still dont get artifacts & my max temps never go over 56'. I'm gonna try the 1.5v mod & pencil mod when i get the conductive pen from my sis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

2 year bump ! :)

anyone know where to get this cheap in EU ?

conzymaher wrote: »
    This is going to end in tears:p

Hehe conzy, 18months volt modded and still runnin fine overclocked to 690/1760 24/7. Plays COD4 @ 1280x1024 on high settings, no aa or af tho. Not a tear :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Car accessory shops/motor factors sell pens/paint to repair heated rear windows , maybe that'd do ?

• Advertisement

Anybody find a place for the conductive pens?

am going to be doing some key extractions on the new xbox360 lite-on drive, and need to bridge a small point.

I think a pencil may even do, i will test 1st.

Just need to bridge the R707
    liteon_pcb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭pmrc

It says to use a conductive pen.. Where can i get one??

Advertisement