Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J2ME Question: Midlet Bluetooth operation without JSR 82

Options
  • 04-09-2006 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

I have a Sharp 550SH phone (Vodafone) & would like to use create a midlet to connect to a PC (using Bluetooth) & access services on the PC or maybe browse the internet using the PC as a gateway.

The 550SH does not support JSR 82, Bluetooth or OBEX midlets don't work. The phone does allow OBEX transfers & it is possible to connect to the modem via a PC com port (using Hyperterminal) & issue AT+/AT* commands.

The AT*EOBEX command appears to put the phone into a state where it is ready for OBEX transfers, but I can't get a response after that.

It is also possible the phone only supports this command over USB, I don't have a USB cable so I can't verify this.

Is there some other way to create links over Bluetooth without using the API's in JSR 82?

Advertisement