Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shared Ownership Confusion

Options
  • 04-09-2006 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

Hi,

About to tackle the minefield that is affordable housing/shared ownership with DCC. Now I think I've a fair understanding of what affordable housing is and what it may entail, but shared ownership it confuzzling me! :(

According to the website -
    The maximum loan is €230,000. You may add verifiable savings of up to €38,000. However, the maximum house purchase price is €250,000.

So what does that mean then? Is the maximum purchase price €250,000 or is it €268,000 (€230 + €38)?

And is there any flexibility in this scheme? As in if I've €5k savings will my maximum purchase price be €235,000 and thats just it, end of story?
    Has anyone had positive experience with it?

Help and personal experience is welcome!

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

AFAIK, To answer your questions in one go, the maximum purchase price is the price of the hse at €250,000 so you'll have to make that up wit either a max loan of €230,000 and rest in savings. (other posters might correct me)

Also, the council's websites are always outdated a bit so ring them up as that €250,000 max might have gone up lately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

Has anyone here managed to get a house or apartment on the Shared Ownership scheme?

I am currently in the process of filling out the forms, and looking at properties that fall within the €250k cut off mark.

However, I noticed this:
    Once you have been approved in principle for shared ownership by the local authority, you can start looking for a new or existing house or build a new house. Your local authority may also have homes for sale under the scheme at a discount from market value.

I was curious, how do you find out where these 'discount' properties are?

Basically, if there is anyone on boards who has successfully managed to get a home through the shared ownership scheme I would love to hear about your experience.

Thanks

Advertisement