Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Overclock Help!

• 04-09-2006 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

hey all,
    I taught i'd overclock my opteron 144 on my asus a8r-mvp motherboard. Ive gotten the clock speed up to 2502mHz fsb @ 278mHz. HTT @ 556 mHz. Also my ram is working @ 445mHz at 2.5-3-3-7 timings. Ran prime 95 there for 50 mins with no errors. Just ran 3dMark 06 and I scored 3955 marks? Should I be expecting more? Im fairly new to this also..

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Mr.snrub

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭Alkers

Can you give us your full spec? Also I dont want to bother googling but what's your cpu multi.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Your 3dmark score is pretty much entirely limited by your graphics card. If you want to gauge the performance increase that your overclock is getting you, try using SuperPi or some other CPU benchmark

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mr.snrub

Hey the multiplier is 9x.Which check out super PI now.cheers for your responses guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭Alkers

Give us the rest of your spec? What divider are you running your memory on? I've got a very similar OC on an amd3000+ (stock 9*multi) which would generally suggest you should be able to push a fair bit more. I'm running at 278mhz*9 also, giving 2.5Ghz with my memory at 254Mhz and at the same timings as you (although I could easily tighten them). What are your temps like? Have you gone near voltage, I have a minimal increase. Also your HTT seems a bit low? As far as I remember mine is around 1000-1200mhz. I'll have a look at the settings tomorrow and get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mr.snrub

hey again, ok I have the cpu running @ 2502 mHZ(278 x 9). HTT is @ 1112mHZ. The memory is running @ 455 mhz(2T) (2.5-3-3-7). For some reason the ram's divider is (CPU Speed / 11)..Dont ask me why. The Asus's a8r-mvp mobo's bios is weird and i cant see anywhere in it to change this divider ratio. Anything else I could give yas to aid me in this?

Mr.snrub

• Advertisement
Advertisement