Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The forums bar at the top

Options
  • 04-09-2006 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

It only loads for me when I am logged in is this normal and if so why? Because..
    It would probably require more code to do that than just have it displayed all the time :rolleyes:
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

It's to do with downloads... have a look through the other threads in Feedback (possibly second page of it) and there's a thread on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

It just annoys me like that there are a good few ppl on boards (subscribers) who actually PAY to use this site, where as I use loads of other forums on the net where nobody has to pay and everything always works perfectly all the time?? whats up?

But it does work. You just have to log in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Paying to use the site, hardly. It is just a few extra things you get for your money and it is of course optional.

Ruu wrote:
    Paying to use the site, hardly. It is just a few extra things you get for your money and it is of course optional.

Yea but its things most forums give u free like uploading your own avatar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

OH NOES

teh horror

What ever will we do? Having to use one of the many avatars that are there for us to use.

Quit moaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Aw shucks has it ruined your day !!

Christ almighty where are all these whingers coming from...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Lorax wrote:
    Yea but its things most forums give u free like uploading your own avatar.

What's that got to do with the navigation bar?

If you're a subscriber or not, it's only there when you're logged in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Most forums aren't as big as boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

and most countries don't charge so much for server space and the like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Actually Hosting365 sponsor boards.ie's colocation and boards own their own servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

shh. i was trying to bring more subscribers on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Ruu wrote:

indeed. it's more of a donation with benefits tbh

I know but whats the point of disabling the navigation bar surely that requires more effort than just leaving it available for everyone..

If you had done what I suggested and bothered to look at the thread I had mentioned, cunningly entitled "bring back the menu!!!!!" on the second page of Feedback (because you're lazy, here it is, and sure why the hell not, here's the post which Cloud, one of the Admins explains why it has been changed) then you would have found your answers. But I suppose that'd just be far too easy.

Ah, no need to be cheeky about it tho..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

But can you see how silly your post was?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Ah, no need to be cheeky about it tho..
    Hmm....
    I think there is only one person being cheeky in this thread.....

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

hmm...

i'm logged in and its not there....

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭dragonkin

Maybe if one of the admins added a title="You must log in to use the menu system" to each of the menu titles, it would make things a little clearer for new/confused people. As I originally thought I had switched off javascript or something similar.

• Advertisement

dragonkin wrote:
    Maybe if one of the admins added a title="You must log in to use the menu system" to each of the menu titles, it would make things a little clearer for new/confused people. As I originally thought I had switched off javascript or something similar.

Yeah Admins. You should listen to dragonkin he's a cool guy.

Advertisement