Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen racing bike - Specialized Allez

Options
  • 04-09-2006 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

My road bike was nicked from my apartment car park last week - just thought I'd post the details in case anyone sees it around:

Its a 2005 Specialized Allez Elite and looks very similar to this:

2005_L_allez_elite18_dream.jpg

Distinguishing features:

- two bottle cages: one black, one silver
    - wheels are mavic kysrium elites
    - stock fork replaced with solid carbon fork
    - rear mech is Dura-Ace
    - large chainring is Ultegra
    - 54cm size
    - shimano pedals

If you come across it please PM me.

Niall

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Niall, I'd suggest removing your phone number from public domain and instead asking people to perhaps PM you?

Good luck, hope you get the bike back!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,829 ✭✭✭Alkers

Not really familar with road bikes at all but whenever a decent mtb is stolen the usual advice is to give all of the respected dealers in or around your area a call and to get them to keep a look out. You would be suprised at the amount of bikes that get found by random punters strolling into shops asking how much a certain bike is worth. Also post on as many Irish bike related sites as you can. This is going a bit off-topic but I remember one thread on irishdh where a guy said his bike had been nicked and soon after another guy posted up that the exact bike had been brought into his shop for valuation, managed to get the bike back fairly handy. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

Very good advice.

Do up a single A4 sheet and spend a day going around the bike shops - you'll get a sympathetic ear I'd imagine. Work the on-line forums as well.

This is top end bike, especially with that wheel set, so it should turn up at some stage for sale or ridden by the muppet who buys it for 300 yoyo.

Advertisement