Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skatepark directions

Options
  • 04-09-2006 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

Please post directions to the skateparks finished so far in this tread.
    Where in Dublin is bushy park?how do I get too it once it is open too use?
    Lucan?
    Dunshacklin?
    Cabra?
    Others?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

I second that wideangle!
    It would be good if we could have an on-line map of ireland with detailed directions to all our parks! Check this attachment for a simple map of Portlaoise!

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/2643/32164.jpg

If we had something like this for every skatepark it would be very handy!!
    It would also help foreigners to visit our parks here and maybe our scene(s) could join the rest of Europe, It would encourage pros to come here for demos etc.
    Just a thought!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

wideangle wrote:
    Where in Dublin is bushy park?how do I get too it once it is open too use?

Bushy is on the Templeogue Road, opposite Terenure College.
    The 49//A, 65//B/C/X, 15//B/D/E/F, 54A buses stop right beside it.

Here's some directions I found on the interweb:

Directions:
    The best way to come if you are coming from the city is to go over the canal and down Harold's Cross Road. When you get to the 'V' junction go to the left which will take you to Terenure Road North. At the next main junction turn right and then turn left to go down Templelogue Road. Bushy Park is on the left hand side directly across from Terenure College.

Or:
    From the M50 take the Tallaght Exit and keep to the left slip road.
    Past the Spawell Pub/Leisure Centre and straight through the roundabout.
    Straight through next set of traffic lights to Templeogue Village. Travel straight through the village and the next set of traffic lights. Straight through next set of traffic lights and Bushy Park is on the right-hand side, opposite Terenure College.

From Terenure Village, take the left fork in the road at Rathdown Motors. This is Templeogue Road. Travel straight up this road. Terenure College is on your right and Bushy Park is on your right.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Thank you for the directions,it helps to know where you are going in the big smoke.:cool: :D
    Lucan...directions would be great as that's allready open.
    Moderators...can this be made a sticky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭JahEerie

wideangle wrote:
    Thank you for the directions,it helps to know where you are going in the big smoke.:cool: :D
    Lucan...directions would be great as that's allready open.
    Moderators...can this be made a sticky?

Not sure where ya got your info but Lucan aint open yet.
    It will be pretty soon but fencing / access is still bein finished
    - just in case you're plannin a visit, give it another while

Cheers,

JohnBoy

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

So now that Lucan is open...directions please??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭f

oh god, well of all the many times directions have been posted let this be the last, the best way to get to is by the 25A from westmorlen street or wherever, then theres a stop right outside the community centre where the park is. just look out cos u could miss the stop, therell be a school on your right with just prefabs and an estate just before it on your left, and there will be a line of treess going around the whole thing. if you miss that theres a couple more stops down the line which arent too far away from that stop. so just get the 25a and youll be sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

Just ask the bus driver to tell you when you reach Griffen Avenue, mine was very helpful! that avenue is long so make sure you get out at the Leisure Center,heres a map!!! Its a bit of a journey from town but well worth it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭asto

Yeah, Here is the bus route, drawn on the map Kenjd posted!
    lucanmap.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭skate4evr

ok so where exactly is westmorlen street? say from like dame street or temple bar cuz they're pretty central areas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭asto

l49o51.gif

• Advertisement

skate4evr wrote:
    ok so where exactly is westmorlen street? say from like dame street or temple bar cuz they're pretty central areas
    its the street your on just as you cross south over the liffey over oconnel bridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭skate4evr

ah right cool cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭cowan

Michael here, from DCU Cycle Club, im havin a spin out to bushy park next wednesday, i hear its about a 40min cycle from town? Can i get directions, i heard the best way is to go from town up to portobello bridge on the canal and cycle straight out and turn left at a fork in the road in terenure?

Is there an entry fee and are there bike specific days???

Cheers,
    Mick
    cowan@redbrick.dcu.ie

cowan wrote:
    Michael here, from DCU Cycle Club, im havin a spin out to bushy park next wednesday, i hear its about a 40min cycle from town? Can i get directions, i heard the best way is to go from town up to portobello bridge on the canal and cycle straight out and turn left at a fork in the road in terenure?

Is there an entry fee and are there bike specific days???

Cheers,
    Mick
    cowan@redbrick.dcu.ie

I posted some directions above, so they might be of some use to you.
    I'd say you'd easily do it in 40 mins. The park is free and you can bike whenever you want. Just watch out for the opening hours - it mightn't open until around 12 and it's closing at around 5:30.

Jello wrote:
    Terenure College is on your right and Bushy Park is on your right*.

*that should be left ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭cowan

well im on a singlespeed so itll prolly take me a bit longer, or else a bit shorter :confused:

anyone have a contact number for the park authority?

Cheers,
    Mick

cowan@redbrick.dcu.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

anyone know any bus from the city centre that stops near bushy?

neilk32 wrote:
    anyone know any bus from the city centre that stops near bushy?
    The 49//A, 65//B/C/X, 15//B/D/E/F, 54A buses stop beside Bushy.

where can you get the buses for bushy from . in the city center

f wrote:
    where can you get the buses for bushy from . in the city center
    All the ones I mentioned above leave from Eden Quay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 shwimble

whats the story with goin in there witha mtb, its a jump hard tail not a big f**k off DH bike

Advertisement