Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Phones Delivered....

Options
  • 04-09-2006 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭

At the start of July I ordered a phone from an Irish website... I was meant to get the phone within 3 days of ordering it but it took a little longer so I rang them and they told me that there had been a problem with the courier and it would be sent out again the next day. I got it the next day and that was grand (an Post came with it). The following day a courier arrived with another package. To be honest he came pretty early and woke me up so I just signed for it half-asleep. When I looked at it I realised it was another phone... so the company had sent me 2. I had a thread on here about it at the time, just asking what other people would do in that situation etc. Anyway I rang the website company, told them what had happened and they asked me to send it back to them. I said really politely it wasn't my mistake and it wasn't really convenient for me to parcel it off to them, but if they wanted to send someone to collect it any morning all they had to do was ring me and let me know which morning. So he said grand that's what we'll do. After about 10 days I rang again as I hadn't heard anything and he said they were in the process of "sorting it out". Another week after that I rang and they were still sorting it out! Then I changed my mobile number so emailed them to remind them of the situation along with my new number so they could contact me if required.

I still have the phone sitting in an unopened box in my bedroom. Is there a specific time they should pick it up by? Because to be honest it's worth €300 and it's very tempting just to sell it... but knowing my luck I'd sell it and the next week they'd come looking for it :D

Are there any regulations/ guidelines for this kinda situation??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Not too sure of the guidelines. It happened me before from Vodfone and they sent me a prepaid box to send it back, thats what I did. Perhaps they haven't noticed the stock or checked the order fully yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

iirc if unsolicited goods haven't been collected after six months, they become your posession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Timmyhealy

A couple of year's ago my sister ordered and paid for a computer here in Ireland, from a well known international computer manufacturer, but to be delivered to her new address in scotland where she was moving to the next day after she placed the order, about 1800 pound's worth of a computer scanner printer etc at the time, but the sales guy she talked to went on holiday, and the delivery was messed up, it wasn't sorted until he came back a few wk's later, then they delivered 2 computer's a day apart, same delivery guy, same order number but IE after one and UK after the other, so she rang them and told them what happened and during the next 9 to 10 month's contacted them several times to see when they would collect the second computer, in the end they never collected it, so she still has and uses the 2. I'd say hang on to it, if they don't come in 6 month's or so do what you want with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Agree

Sale of good and supply of services Act '83

Unsolitced Items after 6 months become your possession.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭mel123

stop hassling them, leave the phone there, and then after the 6 months sell it!! a bit dishonest i know but thats what i would do :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

kluivert wrote:
    Agree

Sale of good and supply of services Act '83

Unsolitced Items after 6 months become your possession.

Hardly unsolicited, but anyway I would just hold on to it, you have done your bit.

I have lost track of the amount of stuff I have never been invoiced for.

In passing how about 150 euro, I'll send u a cheque for 2,150 and you can send me the fone plus the 2g's?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

ircoha wrote:
    Hardly unsolicited, but anyway I would just hold on to it, you have done your bit.
    she solicited one, not two

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

ircoha wrote:
    Hardly unsolicited,

It *is* unsolicited, he only ordered ONE phone. And he has informed the company of their mistake. So he's totally in the right.

Advertisement