Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo idea...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

DeafVision wrote:
    Now I got it done last night and it only took 25minutes!

What you thinks? lol

tattoo2ic6.jpg

Hey as long as you like it......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Daithi66

Hi Deafvision,

I think the Tat looks good! But at the end of the day it's your Tat and if you like it that's all that matters.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭duckegg

DeafVision wrote:
    Now I got it done last night and it only took 25minutes!

What you thinks? lol

tattoo2ic6.jpg
    Is it upside down or what

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

I've been thinking about this since you first posted OP and while I originally couldn't quite grasp the concept I can now imagine where you were coming from. Unfortunately I think the idea has been poorly executed. However at the end of the day it's your tattoo, it's your body and it's only your opinion that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Looks like it was done with an ink stamp, seriously. That is not quality work. Your call as to the tattoo itself, not trying to demean that, but placement and execution leave a lot to be desired. You should have gone somewhere that wouldn't do it in 25 minutes to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

That thing is on your wrist for the rest of your life?

Besides the fact that you will probably grow out of skateboarding when you hit 14 years old, artistically that is a disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Im 18 years old.. Ive been skating 5 years now.. hence I got it.. because if I ever do have to stop it.. it will be there as a reminder as to who I was at that part of my life(growing up)

Heres the original picture from where I got it from btw...

davefsflipeg1.jpg

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

To be honest I don't think it's great. But i'd have to see it in real life to be able to judge.

I can see alot of people dont like the "look" of the tattoo but some people do like the idea behind it... To me it was mainly the idea.. but I also think it looks good... just the scabbing aint nice now... lol!

Thanks anyway for all the replies and the honesty!

I shall post another picture when its fully healed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

I reckon the idea was great. But... The design coulda been so much better. Like a sk8 board wrappin up yer arm with designs on it. Woulda looked well hot!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

DeafVision wrote:
    3 reasons..

Cause im mad..

I only decided to get it after I changed all the money I had to dollars

and its cheaper here.. Im getting it done for 90 dollars which is roughly 60 - 70 euro.. I doubt I would get it done fo that cheap back home

well depending on the artist.. sammy is ok but a bit slow and 80 - 90 euro per hr
    dan is savage.. fast but also expensive..
    jmd's are savage as well but they have no time for the customer, they try tattoo as many people as possible in my opinion to get the money in...

there are 2 or 3 other tattooists in waterford, i personally wouldnt go near celtic body art.
    theres me..
    theres a french guy called ben.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

Read the charter!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

Man that's pure sh1te....bad design, placement and application. Crap crap crap

New charter--Read before posting.
    Rule 2.
    No slagging off peoples tattoos/piercings.Tats and piercings are a matter of peoples personal preferences---so what if you dont like it
    the person who paid good money for it does(and it probably has a certain meaning for them)---and thats all that matters.So any more "thats a knacker tattoo" etc and you will be banned.

Have some respect at least !

Sean7 wrote:
    Nope, still looks like a knob

ahahah. I think its a good idea, but seems the wrong place/Size

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Giant_Killer

Can I see a healed pic of you tattoo?

There ya go! I dont mind if anyone dont like it it means something to me!

Im already saving for my new one!

IMG_0462.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

Actually in the new photo, I think it looks alright and I now formally retract my earlier criticism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

Sean7 wrote:
    Actually in the new photo, I think it looks alright and I now formally retract my earlier criticism.
    Yeah looking at that photo you can see it really is cool, different and a one off.

:)

Yeah looking at that photo you can see it really is cool, different and a one off.

:)

Thanks, Im saving for me new one now. Its another skateobarding one, Its a heart but in the shape of a skateboard! I will post up pictures later on give ye all a look at it... if you want that is? :rolleyes: lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

He should of done it below the crease lines on your wrist. It will crinkle up bad by the end of next year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Giant_Killer

I was hoping by the time it had healed it would look better but I was disappointed.
    Whoever put this on you is not a tattoo artist. There’s no attempt at any sort of basic shading, there’s no shape to it.
    It was badly put on and badly executed.
    If I didn’t know it was a skateboard I was looking at, I wouldn’t be able to figure out what it is.
    Please god if your gonna get another tattoo, don’t go back to the same guy… in fact, maybe you should lay off tattoos for a while.

1. I didnt want shading
    2. It was my design
    3. I picked the placement

I like it :D

Im getting my next one in two weeks time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭duckegg

DeafVision wrote:
    1. I didnt want shading
    2. It was my design
    3. I picked the placement

I like it :D

Im getting my next one in two weeks time!
    Good for you

Advertisement