Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The search facility still fooked!

Options
  • 05-09-2006 2:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

:confused: Whats wrong with the search facility, its a long time absent now. It was great when you could just click on your recent posts link at the top and all your threads would come up. I forget about half the threads i posted in.

Also why cant we search for a username now, im trying to find a poster on boards i used to know but cant find them on the site, what do i do here???
    Thanks.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Search was an incredible strain on the servers, so it had to be cut. If you're having problems remember threads, then what you can do is subscrive to them, then they'll show up in your usercp, no need to search. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

What Karl said, also subscribe to the forums you visit (or post) most and they will be in your Subbed menu forever more. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Ill look into this subscribing thing then, thanks.

What if the search facility was brought back, but only allowed to search back 6months in time, would that be less strain on the servers as opposed to searching the entire duration of boards and the total volume of stuff.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm finding that the search is still rather dire for finding things, maybe I can't search right. Oh well. I also wish to stalk users/ decise yes or no for access, so searching for a users posts would be handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I'm finding that the search is still rather dire for finding things, maybe I can't search right. Oh well. I also wish to stalk users/ decise yes or no for access, so searching for a users posts would be handy.

Maybe HMods don't have the search facilities that other Mods do?

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Nope the search is out for everyone. I can't stalk Tar anymore. :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

esel wrote:
    Maybe HMods don't have the search facilities that other Mods do?
    I still had search when it was knocked out for users for some reason. Anyway it's gone now for all.

EDIT: damn, shouldn't leave pages open and not refresh.
    Anyway, is it possible to search for a users posts?
    As far s I can see, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Sure, there must be some way of fixing the search and getting it stable.Perhaps some of the computer buffs that use boards will offer their services. The same threads are going to keep coming up over and over and its already happening. Its a disaster without the search. Theres a user i want to get in contact with but cant find them hence no search! Can 1 of the senior mods search the username for me?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

None of the mods have search either. Why don't you try looking through the member's list to find them?

Or google search with
    site:boards.ie query

• Advertisement
Advertisement