Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASP.NET hidden fields

Options
  • 05-09-2006 5:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

Ive created a page with a formview and corresponding datasource. The form enters values with no problems. Now I've just been asked If I can do the following:

1. Get the current username
    2 store it in a hidden field (or maybe just declaring it as a variable would be enough?)
    3 Insert along with the rest of the fields into the table.

This is to put some ownership to each record that has been entered into the database. Everything I've done so far in visual studio I literally havnt written once line of code! Visual studio has let me get very far very easily compared to other languages but the problem now is I dont even know how do this simple stuff.

Any help would be really apreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭deadfingers

Hi,

I am not up to speed on formviews but does it get the current user details? If so do a search through the generated asp.net code it will have generated the parameters and sql command that are used to make any connections with the database. If you know how the user name variable is stored then add it to your genertaed sql comand that inserts the data?

Advertisement