Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photoshope weirdness

Options
  • 05-09-2006 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

hey folks

I recently changed machines and I am hoping some one can help me out with this. On my old machine I could open eps files in photoshop no problem. Since I switched machines however, when I try to open an eps it crashes the whole program and I have to relaunch. Am I missing a plug-in or is there a setting? HELP!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Photoshop should open eps files no problem.

I'd try reinstalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

few things to check here

Disable your antivirus software

and then try again !!
    if still dosent work
    boot the computer in safe mode and then try opening there

also the program will crash if there isnt enough resources available to handle the software !!!

i hope this will help !!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

can you open eps files in another app? did you create the eps files in this installation of photoshop on this new machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

5uspect wrote:
    can you open eps files in another app? did you create the eps files in this installation of photoshop on this new machine?

No they are eps files from outside. I can't open any at all.

I have given 100% available RAM to photoshop and still nothing. Will try reinstall tomorrow and will report back

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭krissrodriguez

U might not be able to open those eps files, if they where created with quark or freehand. Try to open those first in Illustrator see if U can, and work from there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement