Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where to get punto alloys?

Options
  • 05-09-2006 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

Where would be the best place to get a set of punto sporting alloys for my car? Somewhere preferably cheap.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

try a few scrap yards....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Also if you find a set fit locking wheelnuts and you need to inform your insurer if you want them covered for theft.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Bravo/Brava alloys will also fit the Punto.

Bravos came with 5 spoke like these:
    photo_606298.jpg
    These were fitted to GT and "Special Series" models

Bravas came with 7 spoke like these:
    Fiat%20Pagina%202%20foto%20097.gif
    These were fitted to HSX and "Special Series" run-out models

Alfa 145/146 alloys will also fit.
    Resize%20of%202004_0830Image0003.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I have a set off a Mk1 Sporting - 14" five spoke standard fitment. I had them on a Cinq. They are in ok nick with good tyres (two new) and they are balanced. I also have a set of top quality wheel locking studs for a Punto. Interested?

'cptr

ps I'm in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

Hey, thanks for all the replies,

cptr - how much you thinking of? any pictures?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I actually have two sets - the 14" Sporting and a set of 15" Fondmetal which will fit too. The 14" are €220 for the set and the 15" are €280 but would need a pair of tyres bought. I have some vintage Cromodoro six spokes off an X1/9 but they would be more suited to an Uno (gimp my ride) project. Oh and I have two sets of Cinq Sporting alloys too...

Edit - see my ad on adverts.ie

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

I may be interested in the fondmetal wheels. How much would a new pair of tyres cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

195/45R15 is the size for the Mk2 Punto and should be had for about €80 a corner.

Advertisement