Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

12v Kettle

Options
  • 05-09-2006 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I can get a 12v Kettle that runs off a car cigarette lighter around Dublin?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Cant say ive ever seen one,but a maby as cheap alternative would be to get the 150w power invertor from maplin,last time i got one i think it was around 25 - 30 blips.

It'l plug into your cig lighter and then the kettle plugs into the invertor itself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I just got one there in Halfords. Handy little thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

bennyx_o wrote:
    I just got one there in Halfords. Handy little thing.

Always wanted one of these. How fast does it boil?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

12v - 18mins
    24v - 10mins

Not the quickest, but it's going to be quicker than boiling a proper kettle.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,880 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

eireal wrote:
    Cant say ive ever seen one,but a maby as cheap alternative would be to get the 150w power invertor from maplin
    No way will a mains kettle run off 150 watts, most draw at least 2000!

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

bennyx_o wrote:
    Does anyone know where I can get a 12v Kettle that runs off a car cigarette lighter around Dublin?

Cheers.

Charles Camping in Blessington approx 30.00 Euro
    Jim

Advertisement