Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Routes

Options
  • 05-09-2006 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭

Hey there, I'm looking to get a 100km under my belt this weekend.
    Does anyone know any good routes on quiet roads around north county Dublin?

I'll be starting in Portmarnock.

thanks

P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I recommend buying the Ordanance Survey Discovery Series maps for Dublin - #50 and #43. They cost e8 each. I bought them because I got around Ballyboghil (north of airport, between Swords and Ashbourne). Certainly quiet roads though the surface wasn't always the best. I ended up on the R125, towards Ashbourne. Annoyingly busy.

A friend who lives in Malahide cycles up to Skerries and across to the Naul. He said that there is a good hill around Naul. Someday I will check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Second the Discovery Series. Also have a look at Bikely although not that much info outside Dublin city as it's based on Google maps. Hope you have the weather for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

didn't go out to the Naul in the end, went to Lucan to watch the Liffey Descent instead. Got 85km in, but that included lots of stops to watch the action.
    The road from Chapelizod out to Lucan alongside the Liffey is a nice one to cycle on

Advertisement