Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3G Phone Battery Life

• 05-09-2006 10:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭

My SE K610i failed me at Electric Picnic, 48 hours with maybe 30 texts / 10 calls of short duration, died on Saturday night. Meanwhile all my 2/2.5G mates were happily juiced up.

Is this common or is it that my phone sucks? Very tempted to go back to talk and text!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

My SE K610i failed me at Electric Picnic, 48 hours with maybe 30 texts / 10 calls of short duration, died on Saturday night. Meanwhile all my 2/2.5G mates were happily juiced up.

Is this common or is it that my phone sucks? Very tempted to go back to talk and text!

3G always uses more power than GSM.

if you dont plan on video calling, fast internet etc, most phones can be set in a GSM only mode, ths will improve your battery life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Common enough for a 3g handset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Not all 3G phones have bad battery life, though many do, especially earlier models. I find my SE V600i to have good battery life, and it's a 3G phone.

Like "skearon" said, try setting your phone to GSM, and see if that makes a difference. You'll obviously lose the extra features (and potentially higher voice quality) offered by 3G, but you can always switch back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Not all 3G phones have bad battery life, though many do, especially earlier models. I find my SE V600i to have good battery life, and it's a 3G phone.

Like "skearon" said, try setting your phone to GSM, and see if that makes a difference. You'll obviously lose the extra features (and potentially higher voice quality) offered by 3G, but you can always switch back.

Well i should elaborate - they have comparitively less compared to a regular gsm. I have two 3g handsets, a k608i (the cousin of your v600) and a k800i. With my useage and bluetooth on i find that three days is the most that could be got from the k800, a bit more for the k608i, but i tend not to let my battery levels drop below 20% so i charge them more often.

Advertisement