Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing Organic Pesticide's

Options
  • 05-09-2006 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭

Most of the pest companies don't tell you want they spray and/or don't use organic Pesticides. Their advice is to keep kids and babies away from the sprayed area which is really not what you want to hear, or practical advice unless you lock them in a cage in the middle of the room. While the later is tempted I want to try some organic pesticides. Can't find any suppliers of them in Ireland (or at least what I'm looking for), so any ideas of how I import them, or is there Govt body that deals with this?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

what are the pests you trying to control???? There might be an easier way to treat the problem without importing...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

If there is I can't it anywhere on the web. Sliverfish.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

To be totally honest I don't know how to get rid of them or how to go about importing organic pesticide. Try a new post on getting rid of silverfish, you might be surprised, someone here might know a way to get rid of them.

Sorry I not much help...

artieanna

Peen their before, I didn't want this thread to be about Sliverfish but about importing Organic Pesticides.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Irish Gardener

Hello TempestSabre.

There is a environmentally friendly Canadian product called Orange TKO.
    Made from orange peel, it is mainly used as a kitchen cleaner.
    Some Canadian friends of mine preach that it will kill silverfish on contact if sprayed at strong enough strength.
    Its website states it is 100% environmentally friendly, biodegradable, and non-toxic.
    From the sites ordering area it seems there should be no problem in you getting your hands on it.
    The site address is http://www.tkoorange.com/index.html

Good luck.

• Advertisement

Sounds good, thats kinda what I'm looking for. I had heard of that product, and similar but couldn't find anyway of getting it. Tks.

Advertisement