Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

best broadband for dublin 1?

• 05-09-2006 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've had trouble in the past getting broadband in Dublin, its been 6 months since i last looked into it, what companies serve the area? NTL yet? we have 3 computers in the house and no landline, so would wireless be best?
    penny

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

penny1001 wrote:
    Hi,
    I've had trouble in the past getting broadband in Dublin, its been 6 months since i last looked into it, what companies serve the area? NTL yet? we have 3 computers in the house and no landline, so would wireless be best?
    penny

Well as I am constantly pointing out surely the best way to find out if NTL provide service in your area is to ring them? There are many many threads here on the pros and cons of wireless also.

You dont say what trouble you have had in the past?

You dont say whether or not you are prepared to get a landline?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If you have an NTL TV account then you can check on their website whether they offer broadband to your address. If you don't, you should ring them and ask as NTL coverage is quite patchy.

For wireless, if you're renting or in an apartment building under management, you may not be allowed to put up an aerial. That would pretty much rule that one out for you. Also, stay clear of IBB, go for Metro if it's available and the aerial isn't an issue.

Is getting the phone line connected an option at all? If the line is in place then it's free to re-connect at the moment with Eircom. See if you can find out if any of your neighbours have DSL broadband as that's a good indication that you can get it (though no guarantee). You could ask Eircom if the line is connected to a broadband enabled exchange before they connect it too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

jor el wrote:
    If you have an NTL TV account then you can check on their website whether they offer broadband to your address. If you don't, you should ring them and ask as NTL coverage is quite patchy.

?

I think that they did away with that facility some time ago? anyways just had a quick look and they seem to have revamped the site for the worse I think! (Hard to believe that even BK would think it was for the better:) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It was back in March when my brother was looking for broadband that I was able to check his TV account number online to see if BB was available, it wasn't though. It seems that the website is not the only thing going downhill in NTL recently too.

Advertisement