Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floor Area Certificate Delay

Options
  • 05-09-2006 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering if anyone can lend me some advise. We are trying to buy a duplex appartment in a new development in Bandon, just outside Cork city.

Because this is my second time entering the property market my solicitor needs a floor area certificate from the builder or else i will be liable for stamp duty.

The appartments were completed around March and we were one of the first to put down a deposit. However, we have been told that it will be at least another four weeks before the final inspection by the people who issue these certificates (dept of enviornment?) because they won't travel from Mayo to Cork to inspect just one apparment in the block. I don't know how many more have been sold, but i know that they weren't being sold very fast.

We are worried now, as we are coming under increasing pressure from our mortgage broker for a closing date, that TSB might withdraw the loan offer. We were first approved last Febuary and i have heard that the offer is really only good for between six months to a year, after which we would have to apply again.

Is there anyway we can get things to speed up?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

This issue came up a while ago (or something similar) but I cant find it in search. Try looking back on posts in the summer and see if you can find it. If not cotact one of the Mods (I think its was Victor) who had stuff on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

I'm just wondering if anyone can lend me some advise. We are trying to buy a duplex appartment in a new development in Bandon, just outside Cork city.

Because this is my second time entering the property market my solicitor needs a floor area certificate from the builder or else i will be liable for stamp duty.

The appartments were completed around March and we were one of the first to put down a deposit. However, we have been told that it will be at least another four weeks before the final inspection by the people who issue these certificates (dept of enviornment?) because they won't travel from Mayo to Cork to inspect just one apparment in the block. I don't know how many more have been sold, but i know that they weren't being sold very fast.

We are worried now, as we are coming under increasing pressure from our mortgage brokerscrew the MB, they dont want the hassle of going back to TSB so they put the pressure on you! for a closing date, that TSB might withdraw the loan offerread the letter of offer attached to the loan, it will be in the letter as to time scales. We were first approved last Febuary and i have heard that the offer is really only good for between six months to a year, after which we would have to apply again.the main issue here is if your circs have changed, so I woould not worry about it unless your income has changed etc

Is there anyway we can get things to speed up?

Hope this helps

Advertisement