Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Qustion about boots

• 05-09-2006 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I havent been playin football for a team in a good few year(I do still play 5-a-side stuff alot about 2/3 times a week) and im going off to college and im thinking of joining the football team and I need to get boots. I dont wanna spend about €200 about €100 would be my max and I wanna get a 'real' pear of boots not them fake rip off ones which are crap.

Does anyone have any suggests on where and what ones to get?

P.s I was looking at the blue preds but they are €150

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Pro Direct soccer: These aren't bad, my friend wears em.
    See ya in Maynooth, I'll prolly go for the soccer team too, but I suck and lack fitness. Should be fun :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Slurms wrote:
    See ya in Maynooth, I'll prolly go for the soccer team too, but I suck and lack fitness.

You'll probably be made captain so! :p

As for the OP, I wouldn't know about buying online, its always nicer to try the boots on before buying, especially when spending so much on them.

Theres a thread here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054978743

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    You'll probably be made captain so! :p
    Sorted!

OP I bought a pair of +F30s in JJB Sports yesterday, for 75 bones. Haven't put them to the full test yet but they're comfy and fit my foot nice and tight. Will report back tomorrow after I play a match with the lads in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Superdub2

get yourself a pair of umbro moldies, good boots and most cham[pions etc stock them for bout 40 blips! as for the studs id personally recomment adidas world cups or puma kings which arent cheap but are quality boots.

Steer clear of blades!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Ye, prodirectsoccer is the best site around for boots. I have ordered 3 pairs in all from them, never a problem.
    I got my latest boots from acasports and I am very pleased with them:
    http://www.acasports.co.uk/product_info.php?cpath=273_40_380&products_id=4715&currency=EUR

If you have size 7 or 12 feet then get these:http://www.acasports.co.uk/product_info.php?cpath=273_40_381&products_id=3228 Easily, the best boots I have ever bought. Unfortunately I can't get them again in size 11 anywhere.

I always order my boots in sterling because the exchange rate is always slightly better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

I was up in JJB sports playing in the sports dome there and I went up to the shop before playing and saw the blue preds for €90 and the red preds were down to €75(i think anyway) but they were both blades!

Yeah I think the best thing to do is get them in the shop as I got puma boots online about 6 months ago and they ended up digging into back on my foot and cant wear them anymore.

Dont see why people are against blades, I prefer em tbh.

Played in my F30s today, very nice boots. Great control with them.

Advertisement