Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone New Phones (Rant)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I was so annoyed waiting for Vodafone to get some decent handsets, I got the n93 today. Well impressed with it, but as usual, Vodafone have full live access limited to basic text. At least the rest of the net works on it! And WiFi at home rocks too. It's hysterical to watch Video's from the phone on my projector connected with the cable that came with it too!

God be with the days when you chose your own handset, and the shop just put a SIM in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

well i left. i got fed up waiting for a decent phone and swithched to 3, got mysel a lovely nokia 6280 and have been playing with it for the last two days :D the high res high quality setting of the video is absoulty gorgeous, even if it does consume memeory like a whore. that said i can record some stunning footage,shift it to my pc, and then deleted it so it all works out. throw in the fact i can now video text for 5c and you got one happy camper. i do miss the web texts and email from the vodafone site but hey i can send 200 texts for a tenner. ive never used up all my free texts anyway so i shoud be alright.

one down side is the sound volume when recieving a call is pretty low, even at its highest level but hey i text most of the time anyway so its not that big a deal.

best move i ever made:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

well i left. i got fed up waiting for a decent phone and swithched to 3, got mysel a lovely nokia 6280 and have been playing with it for the last two days :D the high res high quality setting of the video is absoulty gorgeous, even if it does consume memeory like a whore. that said i can record some stunning footage,shift it to my pc, and then deleted it so it all works out. throw in the fact i can now video text for 5c and you got one happy camper. i do miss the web texts and email from the vodafone site but hey i can send 200 texts for a tenner. ive never used up all my free texts anyway so i shoud be alright.

one down side is the sound volume when recieving a call is pretty low, even at its highest level but hey i text most of the time anyway so its not that big a deal.

best move i ever made:D

Cool, its good that you like it. I'm with them as well on the 200 mins and texts plan (had a k608i but it got ran over by a taxi so got a k800i instead) and have been impressed with the services so far. Its good value considering that half of your calls can be made to ni or uk and the amount of video content that is free (when you bear in mind its 1 c per kb with o2 or 3c per kb with meteor). The walled garden is restrictive though and if your getting high end gear you may as well be able to use the services that are provided like firmware upgrades "blog this" etc. Still, all things considered its not once you understand the services limitations, dare i say restricitions but but theres room for improvment. People would gladly pay money for the walled garden to be dropped.......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

i dont really surf that much on my phone , prefering to use my pc. that said i was surprised to see the RTE news clips are free! im addicted to talk radio so being able to stream the news for nothing es a big plus to me. hell i had to pay on vodafone (which is why i never did it) guess this means i can get sharon ni bheolain in my trousers whenever i want :D

im really liking the 5c thing, i abused the hell out of it sending dozens of two page texts and one of two vids and it only came to over a euro. i know there are limits but i cant see myself sending 5 vids a day and thats what i'd have to do to surpass the limit. let alone do 1000 texts a month:D

the only thing i dont like is having to use vouchers instead of toping up at a ATM. still its a small price to pay for the benefits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Anybody know if it's due soon?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭ns06

Mid October is the latest update

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭tonylee

so the E70 is finally finally on the way it seems. All the vodofone stores in town seem to know about it now, blank looks gone. Even the most tech challenged members of staff will now tell you that its on the list. October is now the magic month. Of course in the real world of vodafone UK the E70 is now very old news indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭jasonb

So much for October, it's come and gone...

Any bets on the E70 being here for Christmas?

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Well I got my hands on an E50 last week eventually, they told me the E70 was due to be released in December! The E50 is a nice phone has almost all the features my E61 has except 3G and Wifi, although Vodafone Business Email won't work with it until a software update which due out the 13th of this month!

Now if only I could get my E50 to turn off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Sengoku79

Here we go two months on plus ca change plus ca meme chose

Dear Customer

Thank you for contacting us with your query.

Vodafone will be launching the Nokia E70 and the SE K 8001 sometime
    this month but that is subject to change.
    Vodafone will not be launching the Nokia E60 or the Samsung D900.

If you have any further queries, please call us on FreeFone 1907 and
    we will be happy to assist you.

Yours sincerely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

and today O2 have today added the SE K800 to their prepay range €349 with €90 credit. They already have the K750 on prepay for €149 with €90 free credit. Vodafone would do your head in.

btw Is the K800 €200 better than the K750?

btw Is the K800 €200 better than the K750?

It's a nice phone, but no.

Got sick of waiting for Voda to launch the K800, and sick of their 2.5G speed
    '3G' service so i gave them the boot and bought it on 02.

Active 40 - €99 for the phone and €20 Per month line rental. Seems a reasonable deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Vodafone hasnt listed the N73 on their site yet, so unless its in the stores, I dont think they have it for sale yet. 3 did have it up on their website over the last weekend but it was taken off the site on Monday. I called their sales line and they told me they dont have it and have no idea when they will. When I called them on Monday, they told me they had plenty in stock only they couldnt sell me an upgrade :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

O2 now has 8 SE phones including K800, K750, W810 and W300. Fúckin Vodafone still has phones designed by Alexander Graham Bell

O2 now has 8 SE phones including K800, K750, W810 and W300. Fúckin Vodafone still has phones designed by Alexander Graham Bell

ROFLOL. The 'best' phone they've released in the last week is the MOT K1 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭wba88

xanthor wrote:
    ROFLOL. The 'best' phone they've released in the last week is the MOT K1 :(
    yeah and they r charging €400 for it. FFS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭wba88

wba88 wrote:
    yeah and they r charging €400 for it. FFS
    Vodafone UK r only charging the equivalent of approx €225
    LINK
    When will they stop ripping us off!

Advertisement