Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what ya think

• 05-09-2006 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

a year and 9 months ago i meet a girl a fantastic girl , I meet her a 5 in the morning on msn , we have met a few times and we get on well we disagree we agree , its the way it is with all people ok .

she just told me she met this bloke at the weekend etc , now im going to openly admit i fancey her ,

Ok i no how this look,s dude who fancys her see's that shes meet some one else and feel's threatined / jelous / maybe even insecure .

no the case i want to tell her simply to get closure of her unless she want to take it further, which could be a chance do i just say it to her.

or keep my composher.

personally id allways say dont tell her.

but something inside me call it instinkt is telling her to tell her .

should i go with my instinkt ?

now for the life of me i cant decide weather i tell her this or not part of me wants to another part of me doesnt , but im pulling towards telling her just so i can get away from all this crap and get closer and find another girl is that understandble ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

tell her! you've nothing to lose! good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

There is a saying: "a dumb priest never got a parish!"

Tell her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

Tell her!

better to know either way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Dub_Ster

ive come up with what to say im sending it as a text becuase its no other way i can say it.

heres what im thinkin

hey (insert name) i allways told you the truth, I trust you like a best friend.Ive been waiting and putting this of since you got back. I have feelings for you.and i really want to get, to know you better. but what you said to me today changed things i had to tell you, simply becaus eil regret it if i didnt.

any good ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

hmm... yep could work well... get a ladies reaction before hitting send though!

• Advertisement

Magic Pips wrote:
    hmm... yep could work well... get a ladies reaction before hitting send though!

i plan to my friend :) thank you

yea thats reasonable enough without being forceful- leaves her to make her mind up without much pressure! but add in that you'l respect her decision eithe way, you just dont want to let the opportunity pass you by without taking it, etc!! that'l do, press send!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hey (insert name) I always told you the truth, I trust you like a best friend. Ive been waiting and putting this of since you got back. I have feelings for you and I really want to get to know you better. But what you said to me today changed things I had to tell you, simply because I'll regret it if I didn’t.

Spell checked, use if you want.

biko cheers my freind :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

send it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭oceansize

If thats the way you talk to her all the time then it sounds good. I would maybe try the cooler approach? like "Hey, was thinkin about what you said with you meeting another fella and all, and it got me thinking that i actually really like you and thought it would be a shame to let it slip by without telling you and not knowing how you feel" or something like that. You should probably do a spell check on your message first as well!

Or... give her a buzz!!

But that could be rubush as i'm no good at this crap!

Ocean sise cheers for the input bro , il tell ya how it is she on msn right now and the only thing stopin me is the fact that i dont want her to think im jelous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It is good that you are being honest with her all the time and your feelings towards her in this situation should be no exception, tell her and best of luck. :)

id like to thank you all

i hope it goes well my mum did an angel card reading and the car read courrage so im going to tell her in a lil while im talkin to her on msn at the mo but i cant tell her therei think that would be orcward well its going to be orcaward eatehr way

Dub_Ster wrote:
    Ocean sise cheers for the input bro , il tell ya how it is she on msn right now and the only thing stopin me is the fact that i dont want her to think im jelous

tell her now then- dont put off till tomorrow what can be done today and all that!! if you text her later she'll wonder why you didnt say something on msn earlier!

tell her now then- dont put off till tomorrow what can be done today and all that!! if you text her later she'll wonder why you didnt say something on msn earlier!

i no she would but i think shed understand why im doing it like this if i told her on msn shed go quiet and it's makes it orcward for her , come on lets face it if a bloke told you on msn that he fanceyd you , think how orcward you would feel
    and shed feel like she would have to answer me there and then i dont wanna put on to much preasure etc hence why the text works better i feel

wouldnt feel akward at all tbh! if someones being honest with me, its thumbs up! Seeing as you have both met before there must be some sort of mutual attraction when she agreed to meet! did it ever cross your mind that she is just saying all of this to provoke a reaction from you? its been known to happen!!

wouldnt feel akward at all tbh! if someones being honest with me, its thumbs up! Seeing as you have both met before there must be some sort of mutual attraction when she agreed to meet! did it ever cross your mind that she is just saying all of this to provoke a reaction from you? its been known to happen!!

the reaon i think shed feel orward is that she , has just told ma bout a new bloke and im going and telling her how i feel ...and i was going to say something to her and then she went of to her animals for a while so maybe she nos i like her

well she allwasy shoews her teeth when she smiles at me , she does all the right body laungede , she stairs at me over her bridge of her noise which makes me go all week at the knee's ;), but sometimes i do think she fanceys me and other times i think she doesnt its so hard to tell :confused:

seriously go for it! good luck!!

i will i promise you and il let you no tomorow evening .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I think she is not interested but let me know anyway how it goes.

cheesedude wrote:
    I think she is not interested but let me know anyway how it goes.

well to be honest i dont no what to think , way i see it even if the outcome is not what i want it to be which is likely, well so be it but its of my cheast i can gain closure except what she says and move on , and find my self a woman.

eather way i can't see my self loseing, anything, except sleep .

and maybe her friendship which im pretty dammm worried about .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

so how did it go?

cheesedude wrote:
    so how did it go?

went as well as expected i guess shes kinda mad kinda spechless, i cant really say im not plaugeing ive sent her to texts thats it and i wont for a while i think its fare to say time is the facter and that i have to respect how she must feel, but being honest im not really worried over the out come i was but then i thuaght about it and said i cant do anything to say to her to improve things but i can pat my self on the back for two resons i did something that had a disatser for rejection and fced up to it mile stone marker , and two well i think i diserve it really i said something that i could of regreted in later life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Dub_Ster wrote:
    went as well as expected i guess shes kinda mad kinda spechless, i cant really say im not plaugeing ive sent her to texts thats it and i wont for a while i think its fare to say time is the facter and that i have to respect how she must feel, but being honest im not really worried over the out come i was but then i thuaght about it and said i cant do anything to say to her to improve things but i can pat my self on the back for two resons i did something that had a disatser for rejection and fced up to it mile stone marker , and two well i think i diserve it really i said something that i could of regreted in later life.

Yah, Give it space for the two of you, she's made a decision, in her mind, she may change it, may not. Either Way, don't make the mistake I made, stay friends with her!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Good luck!

nevf wrote:
    Yah, Give it space for the two of you, she's made a decision, in her mind, she may change it, may not. Either Way, don't make the mistake I made, stay friends with her!

well being honest im leaving things to her simply becasue i wont chase after a woman , sver because chaseing gets you no where .

so im just kinda dissapearing cooly :)
    and on the other hand ive got more worrys i need to get a new job , and well get soem collateral for my self , so doing a bit of hard saveing and genrall liveing like a hermit for a while . she has my email she has my number she nos i dont bite so i figure just go quite and leave the ball in her court and if she wants to pass it back let her do it .

thasnk folks eather way i dont regret it and wont
    thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Dub_Ster wrote:
    well being honest im leaving things to her simply becasue i wont chase after a woman , sver because chaseing gets you no where .

so im just kinda dissapearing cooly :)
    and on the other hand ive got more worrys i need to get a new job , and well get soem collateral for my self , so doing a bit of hard saveing and genrall liveing like a hermit for a while . she has my email she has my number she nos i dont bite so i figure just go quite and leave the ball in her court and if she wants to pass it back let her do it .

thasnk folks eather way i dont regret it and wont
    thank you :)

Well done, if it doesmnt happen it doesnt happen. But You can take pride in the fact that you actually went ahead and did something...
    Lets hope your search for a job has a better outcome :)
    all the best

Well done, if it doesmnt happen it doesnt happen. But You can take pride in the fact that you actually went ahead and did something...
    Lets hope your search for a job has a better outcome :)
    all the best

me to :D i need to concintrate but ite really weird not haveing her to talk to i miss her :( , its like not haveing your best friend to talk to which is upsetting im keeping a brave face and staying strong its just a lot esseyer to say. Then do.

but the worst thing is i red her star sighn yesterday and it said im not kidding now . Yes you are friends but love could work :o:confused: .

The word confussed is one not to be takeing literatly , with me becasue shes on my mind all day long .

and im trying to keep my self stimulated with new cars i want and music and just trying to take my mind of it. but i will and thank you every one for you words aof wisdom...

Ive got a long way to go and there still tomorow but one thing is different ,

That day's things change so fast that we dont even know what's happening....

• Advertisement
Advertisement