Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House prices

Options
  • 05-09-2006 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭

I am considering buying a property in Roscommon/Leitrim and was wondering how much I would have to pay for a 3 bed detached house about 1/2 miles from the nearest town or village.
    As I am from outside both of these counties I am hoping that some local people might be able to advise me on areas and prices.
    I do not wish to involve auctioneers at this time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Have a look at daft.ie or myhome.ie. They'll have plenty in these areas and you can get an idea of prices without talking to an estate agent.

I'm moving this to NorthWest as neither county is in the Midlands.

Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

There's a free property magazine that comes out every month or two. I can't remember what it's called, but it covers Leitrim, Roscommon, Sligo and parts of Cavan, Mayo and Donegal.
    Prices vary greatly depending on what town/village you're near. I have noticed that Leitrim, North Roscommon and West cavan (Dowra, Blacklion) have some nice properties at very good prices. Certain hotspots, such as Boyle, Carrick-on-Shannon, Drumshanbo and Leitrim village command a premium over more rural areas, due to job location, services and the canal system. Happy hunting:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 cooksock

[You could check out Manorhamilton and Dromahair in Leitrim, they are both about 20km from Sligo town, although the roads arent great. Nort Leitrim is pretty rural, so these are the only major villages, Kinlough could also be an option but its pretty much on the doorstep of Donegal. There are loads of properties in and near Carrick on Shannon, and most of the new developments seem to be tax driven. To me the prices seem to be inflated to account for the tax benefits, so you would need to think about how long you plan to stay, value of the reliefs to you if you are an investor or owner occupier. I think that Dromahair is a fine spot myself, but Carrick on Shannon is on the N4, closert to the East coast, and on the Shannon (of course!)

Advertisement