Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Speeding Ticket - M1

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

rymus wrote:
    yeah, but I thought the N7 Naas Road only started on the opposite side of the Red Cow roundabout. Ah well, didn't stay points free for long :(
    You are correct - it's the N7 to the Red Cow Roundabout and the R110 from there on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

FitzerJ wrote:
    I'll check the road out later for the speed signs. Funny thing really is that I was snapped in February but I never received anything in the post. First I knew about it was a Guard calling at my door handing me a summons for me to appear in court. If I had got the initial letter I probably would have just paid it.

huh back in feb.how come u didnt get any letter.does this mean i can still be done for speeding back in august when i saw van and mite of been a teeney bit over limit:confused: how long be4 u shud get notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

rymus wrote:
    Recently got a ticket for doing 45mph in a 40mph 'special zone' on what the Gardai are calling the N7 but I always thought was the R110 (and indeed it's signposted as that coming off the M50). I'm sure many of ye will know the road, after the red cow roundabout heading towards the longmile road. Is that actually the N7 or the R110?

Did a quick AA route planer thingy and here's what they call that stretch of road...
    Leave the M50 at junction 9 (signposted City Centre, The South), then at Red Cow Roundabout take the 1st exit onto the R110 (signposted City Centre)

I got caught on the same stretch a while back. Bástards hiding behind the sign at the Coke factory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

The M1 at Cloghran refers to the portion of the M1 which goes east/west to/from Dublin Airport main roundabout. That road has a 60kph limit.

So this is the old section of the M1 that leads toward the Airport now? As the Gatso that sits under that exit is in a 80kph zone. The 80kph starts at the end of the tunnel works and finishes just after were the gatso sits.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

So this is the old section of the M1 that leads toward the Airport now? As the Gatso that sits under that exit is in a 80kph zone. The 80kph starts at the end of the tunnel works and finishes just after were the gatso sits.
    After you round the bend towards the airport (or come down the slip road from the north) it becomes a 60kph zone. It's usually a manned speed check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Not too sure what all the fuss is about here, the change in speed limit is clearly marked and has been the same for a along time. If this was anything else other than 60 kph it would be extremely dangerous for traffic trying to merge on their left off the M1/Airport interchange attempting to travel southbound on the R132. This traffic has to traverse two lanes in around 200 meters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

You are correct - it's the N7 to the Red Cow Roundabout and the R110 from there on.

Bingo.. so the speeding ticket has the incorrect road number on it! Now for the difficult bit.. how do I prove that? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

A map dear rymus, a map! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 burner

Nutzer,
    believe it or not, I have made the effort to not evade detection and am willing to take the points. However, there is the question of who was driving. For everybody's information, if you nominate a driver who has a foreign licence and lives outside Ireland, the Gardai write to that licence holder and requests were they driving.

Thanks to the other boards members for identifying where the Gatso van was.at Cloghran.

It does seem mad that motorways are recorded as safer than ever despite speeding (see Auto express and UK government statistics on motorways). and have the lowest collision statistics (garda website)

The Gardai are not going to make many friends carrying out this practice in light of the Morris and Mahon Tribunals. They are shown as disgraced and need public confidence, this is not addressing where the real collisions occur on secondary roads.

I have now read on the boards that a fixed penalty notice should be given in notice in 14 days. Is there any truth to this?

Nutzer,
    believe it or not, I have made the effort to not evade detection and am willing to take the points. However, there is the question of who was driving. For everybody's information, if you nominate a driver who has a foreign licence and lives outside Ireland, the Gardai write to that licence holder and requests were they driving.

Thanks to the other boards members for identifying where the Gatso van was.at Cloghran.

It does seem mad that motorways are recorded as safer than ever despite speeding (see Auto express and UK government statistics on motorways). and have the lowest collision statistics (garda website)

The Gardai are not going to make many friends carrying out this practice in light of the Morris and Mahon Tribunals. They are shown as disgraced and need public confidence, this is not addressing where the real collisions occur on secondary roads.

I have now read on the boards that a fixed penalty notice should be given in notice in 14 days. Is there any truth to this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They can take as long as they like with the notice, it has been known to take months to arrive.

With the recent sucesses in Waterford this may change soon.

Thanks for reply. Can you give more details with regard to this case in Waterford? Many thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement