Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK med schools' policies on repeats.

Options
  • 05-09-2006 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hi, if anyone has the names of UK medical schools which accept Irish repeat students, could you post it here please?

I'm not being lazy, but most of these colleges will not accept repeats, but are loath to give away such important information.:rolleyes:

Thank you.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

According to my teacher, quite a few do accept repeats, I'll check out which ones for certain, but as far as I know, I'm still grand to apply to Cambridge, was on the phone to them today asking about whether I've to take the BMAT again or not (alas, I do). Oh, and some colleges require that exam, while some require the UKCAT. The BMAT is a science and maths type of exam, while the UKCAT is an aptitude one.

I'll find out and let you know on the colleges thing though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

Cheers. Brighton and Sussex hit me back today, and said they accept resits. Now, if only they weren't forty miles from the nearest airport. =p

EDIT: Sheffield are OK too. Thanks for the tip about Pen, Kwekubo. I emailed them while ago, no response yet. By the way, did you get your course?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

I think Peninsula accept repeats too. You're best off contacting places individually though, it's the only way to be sure the info you're getting is up to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Can you apply with this years result for next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

Um, maybe, but the academics aren't the main thing. The interview and the personal statement is. Anyway, most of them want 6As or 4As and 2Bs.

I think it would be OK. Are you in Yeats? Trish will be there Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Ya I am, how did you know? Are you going?

Advertisement