Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet troubles!

Options
  • 05-09-2006 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭

Recently a couple of sites just won't work on my laptopt anymore, namely Hotmail, Yahoo and O2! I've no idea what happened but i can't check my mail anymore and it's really pissing me off. All i get is "The page cannot be displayed"! Anyone have any idea what may have gone wrong?? Any idea at all??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

All other sites ok?
    Open Run and type nslookup (assuming MS OS). At the prompt type www.hotmail.com and check to see if an ip address(s) is returned. How are you getting out to the internet? Are you using a routers or a direct connection.
    Do you have the latest AV defs installed?
    If your DNS is working correctly, take a look in you hosts file to see if anything has changed it. C:\Winnt\system32\drivers\etc\ (C:\windows if XP). Open this with a text editor and see if there are entries in here for anything other than "localhost"
    Lastly, check for Spyware too.

Let me know how this goes, there may be other things to try!

Advertisement