Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 2 v1.4 Patch (Mirrors Included)

Options
  • 05-09-2006 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭

Incremental Mirrors:
    Full Mirrors
    Change List
    Gameplay Tweaks:
    - The vehicle drop has been modified to help prevent exploits such as blocking enemy vehicles, destroying vehicles and commander assets, or as an alternative to artillery.
    - C4 tossing distance has been reduced.
    - A prone->crouch delay has been added.

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed the Linux server hangs when trying to load a Special Forces Co-Op map.
    - Another attempt at fixing the Red/Blue nametag bug.
    - Fixed the missing server info on the map briefing screen.
    - Fixed the server browser issues with updating info.
    - Fixed the filter by maps size option in the server browser.
    - Fixed a low reproducibility crash bug related to the vehicle drop.
    - Fixed a crash in Co-op after a player is revived without a kit.
    - Fixed a server crash on Linux 32 when trying to rotate maps in Coop Mode.
    - Fixed the occasionnal red distance marker appearing on the ground.
    - Fixed the bug that caused the player's arms to become invisible when switching weapons.
    - Co-Op bot console commands now function on local servers.
    - Fixed the excessive damage taken by the Muscle Car.
    - Adjusted the minimum number of players to start the round on ranked servers. The new values for 16, 32 and 64 players are 6, 8 and 8 respectively.
    - Re-enabled unlocks on unranked servers.
    - Commander options are no longer available whilst commander is dead.
    - Fixed bug where a spawn point is shown as selected when it is not if player has spawned in during the preview round.
    - Co-Op (Local Server) - Fixed the issue where no other players may join the server if the server host is kicked and banned.
    - Ranked Servers now force unlocks.
    - Added support for multiple gamemodes in single maplist for mods

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Once more fair play to Winters for providing a mirror , Lucutus aswell , although I still believe he fiddled the IRC timestamp to show he uploaded it first :D

Edit : actually it was Nietzschean and not Lucutus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

Jaysus!

140mb and it's only an incremental patch? :eek:

It better be worth it this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Hmm, I don't see ''Fixes constant and annoying CTDs'' in that list...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

sdonn_1 wrote:
    Hmm, I don't see ''Fixes constant and annoying CTDs'' in that list...

Winters never posted server info, check out first fix:)

Game Server:

* Increased server stability
    * All levels - Co-op - Crash after reviving player without a kit- 1st attempt Server - Linux 32 Dedicated - Server crashes when trying to rotate maps in Special Forces Co-op Mode (fixed on SUSE only. Still present in Red Hat and Fedora )
    * Adjust the minimum number of players to start the round.The new values for 16, 32 and 64 players are 6, 6 and 8 respectively
    * Re-enable unlocks on unranked servers
    * Ranked server forces unlocks i.e. have to have unlocks selected
    * Coop - Local Server - If Server Host is kicked and banned although they do not actually get kicked, no other players may join the server after that point
    * Fixed a dedicated server crash which was occurring when the user held "CTRL" and "SHIFT" while selecting a map
    * Fixed a crash which would occur when c4 was placed on a flag pole and the server rotated maps
    * Vehicle drop crash related bug (missing icon)
    * Co-Op bot console commands do not function on local servers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

c0y0te wrote:
    Jaysus!

140mb and it's only an incremental patch? :eek:

It better be worth it this time!

doesn't that map come with it too though?

i downloaded from DCU rather then trinity... up the fenians etc. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Does POE work with 1.4?

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

KdjaCL wrote:
    Does POE work with 1.4?

kdjac

their official line on it

if you don't click, basically they haven't checked yet and advise people to not install the patch yet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Winters never posted server info, check out first fix

Game Server:

* Increased server stability

Ah...

Good to know, hopefully less if not no crashes, always happened whn i had a head centred in my scope...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Well, it looks like POE2 works with v1.4, providing the server has the server patch installed: http://www.pointofexistence.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9709

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

The inf only option is terrible to the extent that the game now feels different. Played EA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Well, its ****ed up my game, and the EA BF2 Forums don't work, so I'm thinking this has happened to a few other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

The inf only option is terrible to the extent that the game now feels different. Played EA.

Tryed it for 5 mins, its feckin terrible, stanard game will be running on ours :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Does battlefeld actually quit faster now? I alt tabbed out by mistake and it took less than a minute to get back in! When I quit it usually takes a minute, only took a few seconds last night.

Jalalabad isn't too bad, it turned in to a medic vs sniper battle a few times on the servers I played last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

I won't get a chance to play until tonight. Does anyone have any screenshots of the Road to Jalalabad map?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

doubledown wrote:
    I won't get a chance to play until tonight. Does anyone have any screenshots of the Road to Jalalabad map?

Took these before our server ranked up, each team starts with 2 tanks but there are possibilities for more, (on 32 anyway) Overall the map looks like its one of EA's best imo, and better than karkand. :D

bf22006090612060429oy4.th.png bf22006090612062607nd8.th.png bf22006090612065006yx8.th.png bf22006090612071398xk4.th.png bf22006090612072937ae1.th.png
    bf22006090612075371pm2.th.png bf22006090612081207nz2.th.png bf22006090612085595fm4.th.png bf22006090612091867tj9.th.png bf22006090612102165ec2.th.png
    bf22006090612102814lq2.th.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

Thanks for the Tig mirrors, hassle free and fast, as usual :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭cobrophy

those screenshots remind me of Warlord. anyone have a screen of the overview map with spawn points?

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

Looks great! Roll on tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Cool great job EA ill be able to play on your new patch for about 20 mins before i crash :):):)

signed

your number 1 customer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

ohhh patch sounds dodgy,no point me downloading it now as im off to the land of 56k for a few weeks...adios amigo's
    but i'll be back gaming again after that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Queue the patch for the patch. EA idiots.
    I'm sticking to POE on 1.3

Played it for a good bit tonight , not CTD's and no server crashes .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I heard a nasty romour that i hope aint true. It is that the next patch will be 1.4b and will remove the Log in screen and hence no more BFHQ suppoet for bf2. So no more ranks and those last few medals you were striving for ya wont be getting. I hope this is only a romour. Any one else heard this? If its true, im not getting 2142 and its the end of me and the battlefeild series. Well I`ll continue to play BF2 matches but wont be giving EA any more money for their new games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

No, it's not true. Link.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

ah thank god for that so. I may concider getting 2142 then in the end. Though ive seen the beta and it looked brutal. I watched my bro play it for like 15 mins and get one kill and die a load of unexplained deaths. Hopefully it will be better in the final release.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Thanks a million for this - the link has been down for 1.4 on the official EA website for days.

tbh i (and most people I've talked to) havent had any problems with the patch. No crash to desktops no server crashes. I reckon a lot of problem that aren't actually being caused by the patch are being blamed on it.

cobrophy wrote:
    tbh i (and most people I've talked to) havent had any problems with the patch. No crash to desktops

See ...See , I knew you didn't listen to myself and Dave on TS !

I probably couldn't hear you cause I was muted :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

ah thank god for that so. I may concider getting 2142 then in the end. Though ive seen the beta and it looked brutal. I watched my bro play it for like 15 mins and get one kill and die a load of unexplained deaths. Hopefully it will be better in the final release.

Maybe he's just crap?

Advertisement