Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CSS firefox

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭stipey

do you need px after the margin property for the body style?
    body
    {
       :
       :
       margin: 0px;
    }

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

There's definitly a gap between the top of the page and the start of the <body> tag (ie. a top-margin on the body). I can't see why though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Still can't see why it's happening, but for some reason this seems to fix it :
    #head{
    background-image:url(http://test.micksmedia.com/asai/images/top3.jpg);
    background-repeat:no-repeat;
    position:relative;
    height:171px;
    background-position : bottom right;
    border-top : 1px solid transparent;
    }

(change your the css properties for #head to that).

This works in FF but unforunitly it creates an unwanted single pixel orange line in IE. Load this in an IE conditional to fix that :
    #head {
    height : 172px;
    border : 0px;
    }

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭whiteshadow

thanks goodshape.
    that worked a treat.

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭frodo_dcu

i'm not sure but i have a feeling that that kind of fix may give you problems in ie7 i haven't really looked at your problem, but with spaces like this it's usually because you have specified a left, right, top or bottom; margin, border or padding and then not set all the other valuse to 0px. so for example if you have padding-left: 10px; in your css you must also add padding-right: 0px; padding-top: 0px; and padding-bottom: 0px; or you may end up with unexpected gaps.

edit: also just thought putting margin-top: -1px; in head id section of the css can help solve this too and of course again set the other margins to 0px.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

stipey wrote:
    do you need px after the margin property for the body style?
    body
    {
       :
       :
       margin: 0px;
    }

Just to answer this, 0 of any unit is still 0 so you don't have to put px, em or anything else after it.

Advertisement