Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Watch out for the new 3 ads!!!

• 05-09-2006 6:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭

In the press today

''Mobile operator Three Ireland has announced the launch of a EUR1 million TV advertising campaign. The initiative is part of an overall EUR2 million marketing campaign to raise awareness of its new EUR0.05 text, picture and video messaging offer. ''

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Brianb8802

Oh no here we go, more of those weird ads on telly :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

its been on for a while now, its the one where all the envelopes (i guess signifiying texts) are flying around the class room when the teacher is writing something on the blackboard ,looks like a university one. not a bad blonde in it either !

and hey its worked, im getting it as soon as i use up my existing credit :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

1 million for marketing in the mobile phone industry is peanuts ....... The other operators will be spending in the region of 25 million p.a. on marketing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Tarakiwa wrote:
    1 million for marketing in the mobile phone industry is peanuts ....... The other operators will be spending in the region of 25 million p.a. on marketing.
    he said tv marketing and were did you get that figure?

and from what ive seen 3 seem to be doing the most
    they sponser loads of things on tv (e.g 3 rock download show on kerrang)
    they have loads of tv ads
    they sponser radio shows and are always on the radio
    and ive even seen a few on billboards and buses

• Advertisement

1huge1 wrote:
    he said tv marketing and were did you get that figure?

and from what ive seen 3 seem to be doing the most
    they sponser loads of things on tv (e.g 3 rock download show on kerrang)
    they have loads of tv ads
    they sponser radio shows and are always on the radio
    and ive even seen a few on billboards and buses

If you view the independent findings of the Irish Marketing Journal you will discover that the biggest spenders on Marketing in Ireland are Guinness. After that Meteor are 2nd & Vodafone are 3rd ............... Thats 2 mobile companies in the top 3 across all industries!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

Reckon the Ryder Cup didn't come cheap for O2 either ;)

Jam Man wrote:
    Reckon the Ryder Cup didn't come cheap for O2 either ;)

& they sponsor the Irish Rugby team & Cork GAA to name just another 2!

Tarakiwa wrote:
    If you view the independent findings of the Irish Marketing Journal you will discover that the biggest spenders on Marketing in Ireland are Guinness. After that Meteor are 2nd & Vodafone are 3rd ............... Thats 2 mobile companies in the top 3 across all industries!
    wow that must be a huge % of meteors expenditure if there beating the biggest mobile company in the world in advertising (wait make that 2nd biggest china mobile recently past them out)

1huge1 wrote:
    wow that must be a huge % of meteors expenditure if there beating the biggest mobile company in the world in advertising (wait make that 2nd biggest china mobile recently past them out)

Obviously I dont have a clue what % it might be but it is a fact! I wonder if they think it is money well spent?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

1huge1 wrote:
    They're not neccessarily beating them - they're simply spending more.

well the thing is you always here about meteors numbers getting bigger and the same with vodafone
    and surely 3 must be getting more customers the whole time (it would be impossible for them to go down)

so are all these new customers at the expense of O2 or people buying a 2nd phone (and im doubting the latter)

well i switched from vodafone. the better phones was the main thing but the 5c thing didnt hurt either seeing as its the main way i use it, nice to get the extra 10er for bringing my number too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

The 5c text is great and I would switch to 3pay but the lack of international texting agreements and crazy roaming charges put me off. It would mean that I would have to have two phones. One for VF with VF passport and another for just use within Ireland.

that is a bit mad alright. i dont roam and ive never texted anyone abroad so it doesnt bother me but i can see the downside. personally the only thing i dont like about 3 so far is the fact i cant top up at the ATM. still its a small price to pay for my lovely new 6280. and the free news clips are a nice bonus, i wasnt expecting that

that is a bit mad alright. i dont roam and ive never texted anyone abroad so it doesnt bother me but i can see the downside. personally the only thing i dont like about 3 so far is the fact i cant top up at the ATM. still its a small price to pay for my lovely new 6280. and the free news clips are a nice bonus, i wasnt expecting that
    obviously you havent heard about the walled garden yet
    thats the one thing thats driving me up the wall

but im very happy with 100mins and 100txts a month for €25

Advertisement