Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A few questions about the razr V3X

• 05-09-2006 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭

Hey, i just got the razr v3x today and think it's a class phone. However i have a few questions about it and i can't find the faq for the phone. So here they are:

1) Can you delete the pictures, sounds, games and videos stored on the phone's internal memory without losing the rest of your data?

2) How do you connect the phone to a pc via a usb cable with "Data Connection" been the default connection? I don't have the motorola cable but i do have the same type of cable form my zen vision m. When i connect it the pc it keeps asking for drivers on a floppy or cd, which didn't come with the phone.

3) When i put a song on the phone, it shows the song twice in the Digital Audio Player, how do i prevent this?

All help is appreciated

Comments

If you use the Data Connection setting you need to use the Motorola Phone Tools CD. This allows you to access the phone's internal memory as well as the memory card. It also installs the necessary driver (which simply lets you use your phone as a modem). It doesn't come with the V3x, oddly enough the original V3 has it. Basically, you need to buy it if you don't already have it. Probably best to leave the setting on Memory Card and let it mount the TransFlash card as a drive.

Some files in the internal memory are locked and can't be deleted. Depends on what you're trying to delete.

Your final problem, haven't come across this one. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭#Smokey#

have you got the phone service tools i think you might be able to update the firmware and that may fix your problem number 3

I think that when you open the memory card there's a database in the root folder which is used by the MP3 player. Maybe if you try backing it up to your PC and deleting it from the memory card? It might be corrupt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

thanks for your help!
    Karsini wrote:
    I think that when you open the memory card there's a database in the root folder which is used by the MP3 player. Maybe if you try backing it up to your PC and deleting it from the memory card? It might be corrupt.

I tried doing that but to no avail. However what i did do was place the music files in the video folder. That worked in terms of the song only appearing once in the player, However they don't appear in the video's folder nor can you select the songs as a ringtone. So i guess i have to live the problem, altho it's nothing major.
    Karsini wrote:
    Some files in the internal memory are locked and can't be deleted. Depends on what you're trying to delete.

Well i'm trying to delete all the game demo's that i don't want. It's a bit of a pain that you can't delete them but again it's not a major problem.
    #Smokey# wrote:
    have you got the phone service tools i think you might be able to update the firmware and that may fix your problem number 3

Is that the same tool that comes on the Motorola Phone Tools cd? can i just buy that in a shop like the carphone warehouse?

*checks my brother's v3x* The demos can't be deleted! Damn Vodafone!

The program #Smokey# is referring to is Motorola PST or RSD. This is only legally available to Motorola service centres. Anyway, if you flashed the phone with generic firmware you'd lose Vodafone Live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Karsini wrote:
    *checks my brother's v3x* The demos can't be deleted! Damn Vodafone!

The program #Smokey# is referring to is Motorola PST or RSD. This is only legally available to Motorola service centres. Anyway, if you flashed the phone with generic firmware you'd lose Vodafone Live.

yeah and i don't want to lose vodafone live (did i just say that!!!). I guess i'll just have to live with crap demos, it's just a waste of perfectly good memory!!!

Advertisement