Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Make your hair grow faster!!!!

• 05-09-2006 6:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭

i got my hair cut today and its layered with the shortest layer going down to the back of my neck and i HATE it.It used to be down to my hips and is there anyway i can make it grow faster.I really hate it and would do anything to have it long again.any help is really appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

As far as I know, there is no way of making your hair grow faster...
    Just like there's no effective way of making your nails grow faster.
    They do say that getting hair cut makes it grow but I asked my hairdresser and apparently thats not true...
    Don't worry, its a major change. Prolly take a bit of time to get used to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

eat plenty of food that contains keratin...

http://hairloss.about.com/od/preventinghairloss/a/Vitamins.htm

but it ain't no miracle-gro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

the exact same thing happened me, over a year ago, i think i actually asked the same question here. There was nothing i could do about it, plenty of clips holding the bits back for a few months..pain in the ass...

I feel for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Improve blood flow and circulation to the area is another thing to try. Rub you scalp gently for a few minutes before you go to bed every night or even better get your other half to do it for you :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭mel123

There is these great tablet you can get in boots, and probably a lot of other chemists, they are called Head High, get the yellow pack which is one-a-day. They are only about 8euro for 30 i think, but give them a go, i found them really good for my hair and my hairdresser told me about them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 agentrache

Wow do they really work? I've wanted long hair for ages! And Aisling it'll probably just take some getting used to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

i fell your pain! my hair was butchered by a hairdresser a couple of years ago. i told her i wanted an inch off, started to read a magazine and when i looked up my hair was destroyed. was so short. i just took vitamins etc but i dont think that helped. just had to wait for a year until it grew back! hope those tablets work for u tho. good luck!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

A couple of years ago Gwyneth Palthrow did an interview and said they she was still taking a pre-natal supplement (after Apple was born) because it made her hair grow so fast!? I've been dying to know what this is ever since, any ideas? I've been on Pharmaton for a while and seeing no difference :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

If it's that bad and you hate it that much, why not get extentions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

If it's that bad and you hate it that much, why not get extentions.

becuase i dont really like the idea of adding anything fake on to me.ah ill get used to it im sure.and i doubt it will take long to get a bit longer.well i hope it wont!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Id get extensions, even just shoulder length! They dont feel fake and the hair is real. €140 and mine are in 3 months now.

Regarding supplements, i dont think they really work as they depend on the person, like my friends hair and nails grow v.slow where as ive to cut mine every 2 weeks!

Advertisement