Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

annoying pda email problem

• 05-09-2006 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

hi.
    i have an outlook express email account with eircom on my laptop at home.

i have subsequently set up this same account on outlook on my pda when out and about.

however i find that after downloading emails to my pda and deleting the one's i don't want these deleted emails reappear the next time i connect on my pda.

btw this only happens if these emails have yet to be downloaded to my laptop. in other words if i have already downloaded them to the laptop they won't appear again on my pda.

it seems a copy of the deleted email remains on the server after connecting via pda but not if i connect via laptop.

and tbh i rarely use my laptop to check email nowadays so this remains a problem when checking email on the pda.

and unfortunately my pda's pocket outlook doesn't seem to have an option to delete emails from the server once downloaded.

anyone with any solution to his problem?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭tech

post in error

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭tech

Is it possible to install Outlook on your PDA instead of outlook express .? In Outlook Express 6 normal client you have the option to leave a copy on server.. strange its not there on the PDA version ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

tech wrote:
    Is it possible to install Outlook on your PDA instead of outlook express .? In Outlook Express 6 normal client you have the option to leave a copy on server.. strange its not there on the PDA version ...

hi tech.
    no as i mentioned i actually have pocket outlook on my pda and not outlook express.

i have outlook express on my laptop.

but as i mentioned pocket outlook on the pda doesn't have the option to delete copy of message from server.

i know this option is available in outlook express on the laptop but as i said i rarely check email on the laptop.

so if i don't download them on the laptop they seem to remain on the server no matter how many times i check email on the pda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

mkennedy wrote:
    hi.
    i have an outlook express email account with eircom on my laptop at home.

i have subsequently set up this same account on outlook on my pda when out and about.

however i find that after downloading emails to my pda and deleting the one's i don't want these deleted emails reappear the next time i connect on my pda.

btw this only happens if these emails have yet to be downloaded to my laptop. in other words if i have already downloaded them to the laptop they won't appear again on my pda.

it seems a copy of the deleted email remains on the server after connecting via pda but not if i connect via laptop.

and tbh i rarely use my laptop to check email nowadays so this remains a problem when checking email on the pda.

and unfortunately my pda's pocket outlook doesn't seem to have an option to delete emails from the server once downloaded.

anyone with any solution to his problem?
    thanks

In Pocket Outlook you can delete emails, its under the Tools Menu, after you delete do another send/receive and they will be deleted from your account (well they are when using my iMate Jasjar)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

skearon wrote:
    In Pocket Outlook you can delete emails, its under the Tools Menu, after you delete do another send/receive and they will be deleted from your account (well they are when using my iMate Jasjar)

ok i'll try that.
    i'm fairly sure i've hit the connect button in the past after deleting them and they still reappeared before but maybe the send/receive button might work instead as you say.

i'll give it 24 hours and check again. its a data cost headache more than anything else tbh.
    thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement