Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom you surprise me

Options
  • 05-09-2006 6:45pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Put the oul number in the line checker

"May be suitable; subject to confirmation"

i dont fully understand this is it the amber stage? does an enigineer come out and test for dsl sync

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

i dont fully understand this is it the amber stage? does an enigineer come out and test for dsl sync

cheers

it more than likely is amber but yes an engineer will have to do a full line test on it. Then the decision will be taken as to the level of service they can and will provide ..Good Luck :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The engineer rips out your crap internal wiring and you get 1mbit , thats usually what happens . It takes 90 days for the engineer to come out in Galway where the 'amber program' is more of a 'pissy yellow coloured pastel' type program .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Sponge Bob wrote:
    The engineer rips out your crap internal wiring and you get 1mbit , thats usually what happens . It takes 90 days for the engineer to come out in Galway where the 'amber program' is more of a 'pissy yellow coloured pastel' type program .

The internal wiring shouldnt be a problem engineer redone it a few months back when i got the new line in il just say i have a problem usually enigineer is here next day!! (surprising for eircom) then if that fails il have Regional Broadband doing a line of sight test next week so its looking up for Broadband in kilcoole!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

I got a post card from Eircom a couple of months ago saying that broadband was available to my astonishment. I live 3 miles from my exchange which had been enabled for a few months and my line had always failed previously. The line checker then gave me the same message as you when I tried it.

I rang them up and asked them what "subject to confirmation" meant. They told me to order DSL and my line would be checked. I did this and the router arrived in the post a week later. I plugged it in not knowing what to expect and I was delighted to find that it worked. There was not any site visit involved.

I have two phone lines in my house and the older line is still failing the line test. I would say that there is a very good chance that you will be able to get DSL. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

cheers

lo bren,

Same happened on my line in beachdale and hey ive got 2meg bb now :)

• Advertisement

Blitz wrote:
    lo bren,

Same happened on my line in beachdale and hey ive got 2meg bb now :)

Thats good to know fingers crossed im going to ring them 2moro and see what the story is

Rang them today numerous orders including mine in my estate going live on the 19th :D

Turned on the spare modem i have today and to my surprise i have DSL Sync finally have Broadband Thanks to everyone at Ireland Offline for your solid information & support over the years

Bernard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Thanks to everyone at Ireland Offline for your solid information & support over the years

Will the last person to get broadband please turn off the lights when you leave the forum? Thanks. :)

damien.m wrote:
    Will the last person to get broadband please turn off the lights when you leave the forum? Thanks. :)

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Turned on the spare modem i have today and to my surprise i have DSL Sync finally have Broadband Thanks to everyone at Ireland Offline for your solid information & support over the years

Bernard.

Congrats :) Kilcoole Uptake must be rocketing this week ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Congrats. I'm delighted to see another long-standing case sorted out, although the time it took was ridiculous. I'm also happy to see that my suspicions that 1 Mbit could work beyond 5 km were correct.

Eircom will have to go all the way and bring in repeaters as it looks like pairgains are being removed if they are put under pressure.

BTW, could you tell me at what data rate and attenuation the modem is syncing at? I'd be very very interested to know.

Congrats. I'm delighted to see another long-standing case sorted out, although the time it took was ridiculous. I'm also happy to see that my suspicions that 1 Mbit could work beyond 5 km were correct.

Eircom will have to go all the way and bring in repeaters as it looks like pairgains are being removed if they are put under pressure.

BTW, could you tell me at what data rate and attenuation the modem is syncing at? I'd be very very interested to know.

connection.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭leaba

I've now got a SEVERE pain in my hole with Eircom. I'm in the same area as B-Man but my line still fails...some lines in the development I'm in are green some are amber and some fail.

It looks like I'll have to go wireless...i'd prefer dsl...but despite numerous calls to eircom i have had no joy. If you are an eircom engineer in the north wicklow area, please PM me for a nixer. I'm sure if I knew the right person I could sort this out.

Advertisement