Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ghd

• 05-09-2006 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

hey where do ya get ghd straighteners!?n how much do they cost?any information wud be greatly appreciated!!thanks!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

Get them from any DECENT salon. Mine costed something like 175 euro. But it is sooo worth it.
    If you do decide to get it, get the GHD oil that they sell with it. Fantastic and lasts for ages, as in I straighten my hair lots and I still have same bottle since last November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

peter mark is the only place i know of where you can buy them.. €155

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭smk135

at the risk of sounding superficial, defo one of the best buys i have ever made! i never bought the oil though, dnt think its necessary!
    buy it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭poobum

i remember my sis telling me about this...she had a ghd but was going away for 3 months and was afraid shed break her ghd...so she bought a cheaper straightener...when she came back she said the cheaper one was much btr...now shee uses the cheapie instead of the ghd....about half the price she paid for it than a ghd...and she swears its better...ill ask her what it was tomorrow....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭DeiseGal

The Remington 2x Protection Ceramic Straightener S2002 is excellent - i had this before my BF bought me the ghd, have recommended it to loads of people and they love it. It can be bought on the sam mccauleys website for only €29.99 (25€ off)
    Reaches 190 degrees C

Hope this helps :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

word of warning, they damage your hair! i have been using mine for about one year and have noticed that my hair has become much thinner and is very broken. my hairdresser has told me that it is down to using the gdh on a regular basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 agentrache

I just got a ghd for my birthday..think it was bought in Peter Marks

Remmington 2x is a pile of crap. I got through 2 of them, both broke. Ghd is by far the best, oooor the tresemme one is supposed to be pretty decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭DeiseGal

You must have been very rough with it so - cause for someone that doesnt want or wouldnt fork out for the ghd it is a pretty good alternative.
    If it can make VERY curly hair straight and look good then it must be doing something right.
    Gotta love the ghd but like everything else it can break too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

I had a pair of Mark Hill-Morphy Richards ones and thought they were great, paid a fortune for them when they first came out but they're not available anymore! Im looking for new ones too so i take it that ghd's are the way to go??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 CosaFada

thanks for all d advice!!im not sure whether to go for one now if the cheaper alternatives arent bad!!oh well ill make up my mind!!thanks xxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I think to be honest you're better off paying the extra money for the ghd - they're the best straighteners you can get and last for ages. I've tried loads of other straighteners (mainly cos my little sister bought loads of cheaper ones, refusing to pay so much for a ghd!) and none of them were nearly as good as the ghd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Stephanos

Ladies I am a boy and I can out do you on prices. Got mum one for Christmas which she doesn't use :confused: This site stocks them at good prices. Remember that prices are quoted in Sterling

http://www.lookfantastic.com/cgi-bin/lf.storefront/45012b2e0010b5b22740c0a8011405e6/Catalog/2065

Add around a third to get the Euro equivalent.

I think if you join and give the site your email details you will get a 15% discount. They're delivery is fairly prompt. I think it was a week for outside of the UK. One thing that I didn't like was that it is impossible to get in contact with anyone in the company. I made calls and sent faxes and got no reply. However the product did arrive safely and on time.

DeiseGal wrote:
    You must have been very rough with it so - cause for someone that doesnt want or wouldnt fork out for the ghd it is a pretty good alternative.
    If it can make VERY curly hair straight and look good then it must be doing something right.
    Gotta love the ghd but like everything else it can break too.
    Well 1st time it broke we took it back to the shop, and they gave a replacement, after about 8 months the same thing happened to it (It wouldn't heat up.) So my mum got me the GHD, which I have nearly a year and it's still like brand-new.

In its defence it was good when it worked. It just wasn't reliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I got mine for about €100 on hqhair.com. It took about 3 days for delivery. And you get pigsback points on purchases from there.

http://www.hqhair.com/code/products.asp?PageID=362&SectionID=374&FeaturedID=2184&FeaturedProduct=977&pID=1

Advertisement