Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perlico: Keep Clear

Options
  • 05-09-2006 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

My parents are going through hell with Perlico atm. They've been without phone service for 13 working days.

Customer service is a complete joke:
    • Our first fault report was never logged
    • Our subsequent calls get logged, and new "calls" get opened, but nothing ever happens
    • Got upgraded to Level 3 (for the attn of supervisor.... hold onto your f***** hat....)
    • Nothing happened :rolleyes:
    • Three promised call-backs from a named supervisor never happened :rolleyes:
    • Got upgraded to "Head Office"...
    • ... and a promised callback from HQ never happened either
    • Still no phone.... 13 (working) days later

What else can we do??
    Switch back to Eircom?? Cancel our direct debit? Scream down the phone?

All this for a simple line fault :confused:

..wasters.........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭campers

Four weeks later... and still no phone.

Perlico are saying Eircom are in breach of their obligation to repair the line.

Perlico for their part are woeful. Out of twenty calls to 1890HELL, only one was ever returned.

Unfortunately it looks like Eircom are gonna have the last laugh: we've no choice but to switch back if being with Perlico means no service for a month(+).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Even if you end up back with eircom, please document your case and send it to ComReg. They mightn't be any help to you, but don't give them the opportunity to deny that they know about problems like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Perli-crap

Foxwood,

The idea of ComReg is 'nice', but by the time Perlico is sanctioned or put out of business they'll have churned 10% of the Irish residential subscriber base through their system for an average of 3 months.

The Directors will have made their €10M, the company will be sold on to UTV or Irish Broadband or similar and become 'legit', but in the meantime the Regulator will only slap them on the wrist while they 'bum-fcuk' us in no different a way to the 'gypo' tarmac driveway boys.

It's criminal that a company is permitted to:

Blatantly overcharge
    Produce false billing records (either they are lying or I am and I know I'm not)
    Treat you like ****e when you telephone them
    Customer care hang up (and I was being civil)
    Receive the bill the day prior to direct debit (is this legal?)
    Advertise a 'no contract' arrangement and yet have a 'cancellation fee' (false statement)

ComReg won't give a tuppeny ****e about the ordinary Joe, the Regulator is simply part of the establishment of politically connected business bum-buddies who have been shafting us since the days of CJ Haughey. The name of the game in this so called 'free state' has been to squeeze the ordinary person as much as they can and have us pay all the taxes - no cance of any revolt in this country as they can distract us with 'The North'.

I feel better now.

Advertisement