Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Setting Up A Sim-Free Nokia 6280

• 05-09-2006 9:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭

I recently bought a sim-free 6280 for use on the Vodafone network. I can't figure out how to set it up for 3G features (web, picture messaging, video calling, etc.). I've seen the stickied thread at the top of this forum, but I can't figure out where to put what in with all the access points, web settings, etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

i think your out of luck mate, vodafone dont support it. you may be able to get it to make calls but the TV wont work and the messaging has been giving people trouble too. check pages 1 to 4 for pretty much all the threads on this issue. i hope im wrong but from what others have posted i dont hold out much hope

Yeah, Vodafone Live won't work on it unfortunately. About the only thing you can get working on it is video calling, MMS and standard WAP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Karsini wrote:
    About the only thing you can get working on it is video calling, MMS and standard WAP
    So, how would I go about this? I tried setting up standard WAP, but it wouldn't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Out of interest, does the phone work fully with O2? Or is it only compatible with 3's network?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭ns06

The best bet would be to use the Nokia OTA service as it's hassle-free as well as..... free! hehe

Not guaranteed to work but it's better than getting frustrated typing in a load of setting's that may not work; least you'll have tried.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

ns06 wrote:
    The best bet would be to use the Nokia OTA service as it's hassle-free as well as..... free! hehe

Not guaranteed to work but it's better than getting frustrated typing in a load of setting's that may not work; least you'll have tried.
    Excuse my ignorance, but what is the Nokia OTA service, and how do I go about using it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

europerson wrote:
    Excuse my ignorance, but what is the Nokia OTA service, and how do I go about using it?

http://www.nokia.ie/cms/Setup_Settings

They will send you a text with the correct settings

Advertisement