Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season predictions

• 05-09-2006 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭

Only a few days till kick off. I nicked these off Evil seed who posted it in the Predictions sticky thread. I think this deserves a thread of its own.

Offensive Rookie of the Yr: Reggie Bush (Saints)
    Defensive Rookie of the Yr: A.J Hawk (Packers)

Offensive Player of the Yr: Corey Dillon (Patriots)
    Defensive Player of the Yr: Ed Reed (Ravens)

MVP: Tom Brady (Patriots)

AFC Conference Champs: Patriots
    NFC Conference Champs: Panthers

Superbowl Champs: Patriots

Player to watch: Terrel OWens (WR, Cowboys - mainly just to see excactly what he does), Reggie Bush(RB, Saints - Will he really be that good?)

Your own Team(raiders): God only knows, even then hes is probaly confused. I wouldnt be suprised if we made the playoffs or finish 3 - 13. Good offseason though, but that doesnt mean alot. All depends how Brooks does and the protection he gets.

Defense is important aswell. First two draft were S.S and LB. I dont think any of our corners last year got any interceptions which is a joke. Didnt win a single division game last year. Still one of the tougher divisions so it wont be easy, but still, i think we will make the play-offs!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭john_g83

Cool Thread, I replied to a similar thread last year and wasn't as far off as I thought I'd be. Here we go....

Offensive Rookie of the Yr: Vince Young (Tennessee)
    Defensive Rookie of the Yr: Mario Williams (Houston....he'd better be for his sake!)

Offensive Player of the Yr: Carson Palmer (Bengals...hopefully)
    Defensive Player of the Yr: Jason Taylor(dolphins)
    MVP: Carson Palmer

AFC Conference Champs: Colts
    NFC Conference Champs: Seahawks

Superbowl Champs: Seahawks

Player to watch: Daunte Culpepper (Figure the Dolphins are going to be a tasty team this year, and culpepper is looking the business in preseason).
    Chad Johnson, is there a more fun player to watch?

Flop of the Year: Eli Manning...Wont live up to the hype (this year anyway)
    Ray Lewis, I just don't like this guy, and I hope he has a bad year!

Your own Team(Bengals): Not only are they in the hardest division in the league, they also have the second hardest (behind the Giants) schedule. But they have the talent to go a long way. I'll stick my neck out and say they'll lose to the colts in the AFC Championship game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

Offensive Rookie of the Yr: Laurence Maroney (Pats)
    Defensive Rookie of the Yr: Michael Huff (Oakland)

Offensive Player of the Yr: Tom Brady (Pats)
    Defensive Player of the Yr: Brian Urlacher (Bears)
    MVP: Tom Brady

AFC Conference Champs: Colts (unfortunately)
    NFC Conference Champs: Panthers

Superbowl Champs: Panthers

Player to watch: Reggie Bush (how will he do?), Ben Watson (Pats TE is going to have a huge year)

Flop of the Year: T.O., it's all going wrong already

Your own Team(Patriots): Would love to say they're going all the way, but the LB and CB positions are starting to look ragged, and Branch's holdout leaves a huge hole at WR. However with Brady somehow getting even better every year, a good draft class and a soft enough schedule, they have a chance; but on balance I think they'll win the East easily enough and then fail in playoffs.

Advertisement