Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Opinions on Water Filters / softeners

• 05-09-2006 10:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Moved to Ballivor, Co Meath a few months back. The water quality is dismal to say the least certainly non-drinkable. It is also quite hard so damage to home appliances without treatment is quite likely . Company in Blanachardstown see link

http://www.ewtechnologies.ie/

is coming out to demo a product that will filter mains water going into house. To supply and fit is €1300.

Has anyone had any dealings with this company or any advice on a water treatment solution.

Any opinions welcome

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

search the other posts this was up a few days ago

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭spfeno

I'm in Ratoath - similar story with the water here - I was looking at this site here.........

www.water2buy.ie

Half of your €1300 is labour I'd take a guess at - if you're any way handy the smaller domestic mains filter should be handy enough fitted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

We got a complete house softner and a drinking water filter put in for €1250.
    looking back - next time we would go with a reverse osmosis system for the drinking water - Reasons.....
    1) Filter system does not take out all the rubbish in the water. Seems nitrogen is left in (from a water tester)
    2) We had to put the drinking filter in before the water softner as the kids cannot drink softened water. therefore the drinking tap is in the utility room. i'd have prefered it to be in the kitchen.
    3) the installer used two hose pipes as drains, I would have asked him to use proper pipes or link it into the sinks drain.

The only problem I've had with the reverse osmosis system is the lack of water i.e. wife used to cook using it and it's got a small enough capacity, so everynow and then there'd be no water from it. (it fills up slowly as you'd expect from reverse osmosis)

the other quotes we had were for a complete filtration system and reverse osmosis. they came in around €1350 for everything.
    Hope this helps,

Trig

Advertisement