Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Monday Morning/Contract short movies

• 05-09-2006 11:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭

here are 2 short movies me and my mates made last year.

Contract: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viTBBR7AioE

A short film by Brian O' neill about a hitman who is being tested on his loyalty!!! this short looks good with solid camera work and some decent sound and make up!

Monday Morning: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuF1kOrN1lc

A short movie about monday morning blues with a twist!!...This film has a nice tone! The quality aint great tho, its a ghetto copy! [i.e it was filmed off tv because it was only on tape]

comments are welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭trendkill

hey man, really liked Contract, really well done, great choreography and direction, bout three camera shots i didn't like personally, but from the final product that didn't take anything away... what did ye shoot it on and what filter did ye use, was it a camera filter or on the edit suite, nice cool blue look. also, do you know what recipe for fake blood did ye use, sometimes the blood looks crap when a filter is added. Big fan of the cool blue look in shots,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭shnaek

Watched contract just now - fair play. Moves nicely, good acting and story flow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

thanks lads, @ trendkill: my cousin is big into directing and i believe he just played with the white balance or something to get that colour, i know it wasn't done while editing anyway cause i did that!!! lol

it was shot on a panasonic digital camera, nothing special.

and about the blood, my other cousin made that out of syrup and some other stuff mixed together, i'll get the recipe and post it up when i see him.

the fake cuts and bruises came from a 3 euro hollowen make up set!

thanks for watchin and thanks for the comments!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭trendkill

kudos anyway, but a bit of advice, always white balance off of white. I noticed a bit of difference in a couple of the shots. but, any colour changes or filters can always be added in the edit suite, whereas if ye had imported your footage, saw it didn't look good on the full screen, then it would have been a lot harder work trying to colour correct it.

C Heck out this, for 89 euro i think you can get the program and download it, its really good, also check out the free downloadable fx preset library that creative users upload.

http://fxhome.com/effectslab/

Its great. I know the recipe for the blood, maple syrup or golden syrup, with two drops of red food coloring and one drop of green food coloring,(one can add cocoa podwer if desired) then one can then dilute it with water, shake it around to get thinner blood, used it alot before, plus you can put it into someones mouth as its not toxic... but it begins to smell after a while, especially if its left on clothes.

Anyway, keep up the good work and keep us posted of other stuff. Also,might be a stupid question, but where are ye based from. It prob says it right under ur username..... knowing me i probably didn't check it,

edit: ahh there you go...wicklow.....

Advertisement