Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power 'blips'

Options
  • 06-09-2006 12:28am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭

Anyone getting power 'blips' tonight!

It's damn annoying, and if it wasn't for my server's UPS i'd be worrying about it too :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Red Alert wrote:
    Anyone getting power 'blips' tonight!

It's damn annoying, and if it wasn't for my server's UPS i'd be worrying about it too :D

hmmm.... my light-bulbs keep dimming and then... un-dimming, real quickly.

If that's what you mean :confused:

Thought it was the bulb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Cy Kotic

Not tonight, but I did have a couple last night. It was very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Nerdmode: Kirk never said beam me up Scotty.

Muhahahahahahaahahahahahahahaaa *GEEK*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

No power blips in OC today, but then again, a bunch of the coeds seemed to get all charged up when this cute guy entered the coffeehouse I'm in.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

yeah its happening me 2nite the bulbs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Nothing over here on the Northside.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    Nerdmode: Kirk never said beam me up Scotty.

Muhahahahahahaahahahahahahahaaa *GEEK*
    I came in here knowing somebody would have said that. You have not let me down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Damn it. If only you had waited two more days, we'd have had a thread called "Beam me up" posted by a guy calling himself "Red Alert" on Star Trek's 40th birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

yup im getting brown outs too!

*dons his red shirt*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Sugarbear

I've been getting them since around 11 tonight, and I'm near Blessington. I thought it was my lightbulbs at first, but then I noticed that my air conditioner was going down for a second after the lights dimmed. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    *dons his red shirt*
    *watches BlitzKrieg die first*

air conditioner

on a side note...Air Conditioner in Ireland????

I've never seen the need for one in Ireland, I could understand USA or tropics etc cause of the insane humidity and heat. But in Ireland?

meh prob just me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Sugarbear

Well it's an air-conditioner and ionizer in one, and we got it mostly for its ionizer. Yep..... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Lights dimmed a couple of times in Maynooth last night around 11.30, and then the bar stopped serving drink. Really weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

power was out in tallaght for a couple hours alright

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Power was out in Lucan from 11.30 until about 4 am. It came back for a few seconds two or three times during that 'black-out' time. Typical, I arrive back in the country on the 5th and black-outs occur on the 6th!

Coincidence? You decide :D

Advertisement